What's everyones estimated treatment time?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AngelOfLife

#46 Post by AngelOfLife »

Estimated at 1 - 1 and a half years, sooner they are off the better :D

manna22

#47 Post by manna22 »

12-14 months that includes orthnagthic surgery!! woo hoo for me (j/k)

Taylor

#48 Post by Taylor »

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. 18-21 months, and my orthodontist is well-known for well estimated treatment times. I also don't need bands, oral surgery, or any other hardwire. My friend just got hers off after having them for four years.

Mommynbraces

#49 Post by Mommynbraces »

My estimated treatment time is 18 months. I have had them on for 1 month, 2 weeks. Today I had my first adjustment and the orthodontist put on the heavy wire for uppers and lowers. He said on my second adjustment he was going to work on my gap, if my premolars have finished rotating.

Spacers placed: March 13th 2007
Teeth Cleaned: March 20th 2007
Braced: April 3rd 2007

SecondTimer

#50 Post by SecondTimer »

My estimate was 9-12 months. I'm 7 months into treatment and have started the detailing phase with square wires. My ortho said I'll have 2-3 more adjustments, so I am on track to be completed in under 12 months!