Clears or Metal

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Pixel Witch

#46 Post by Pixel Witch »

I'm probably going to still go with all metal, but now I'm curious exactly how much more it would have cost for upper ceramics!

Miss Smiley

#47 Post by Miss Smiley »

I paid 500 USD more for upper and lower ceramics
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

bracieb

#48 Post by bracieb »

I'm considering going metal on the bottom instead of ceramic as planned- The ortho is pulling my uppers forward to make room for the lower brackets so I don't bite them off. I am going to ask next visit (in 2 weeks) if using the smaller metals will speed things up a bit and be more comfortable. As I get used to being braced I find I don't care what others think- they look fine anyway. Thnking about more bulk in the front on the bottom isn't too appealing right now!

Now, about those molar bands... evil incarnate...the hook keeps getting stuck into my right cheek and pulling on it! That is, of course, when the razor blades (aka tubes for another wire to come next visit) on the inside aren't cutting up my tongue. Accck! Wax!!!
:roll:

Laurie

#49 Post by Laurie »

My ortho won't allow me to have ceramic on bottom because of my overbite. Either way I just went with the plain old metal. I'm not as concerened with what my teeth look like with braces as opposed to what they look like afterwards.