Situations which led to your decision

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

butterfly

#46 Post by butterfly »

meep wrote:Was anyone else hiding their smiles for years like I was? I know it's not their fault, but I can't help but be angry at my parents for not taking me to an orthodontist when I so obviously needed it as a child. Anyone else?
Yes, me, me, me.
Now please do the only thing that seems logical: Do it. Now. Yourself. For yourself!
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

Indy

Good first post

#47 Post by Indy »

It was suggested when I was a child that I get braces (soon to be 25). When I was young I had an accident which knocked my top 2 front teeth into my mouth. The result: one root canal, one slightly loose tooth, and root resorption in both. My parents didn't get me braces at that time due to money.

The moment I decided to go through with this was when my dentist said I need to be "mentally prepared" to lose the loose tooth and that I should avoid eating with my front teeth! :shock:

My lower teeth continue to hit the back of the top 2, keeping that one tooth loose. Therefore, I'll likely need an implant(s) down the road, but I need to have my bite fixed for the implant to work. However, I do worry about my root resorption and getting braces. I'm in a tough spot whether I get braces or not. I just hope I won't need an implant(s) for a LONG time. I've got 2.5 years left of grad school so this is a good time to get this taken care of.

So....bring on the braces! :BigGrin:

2/10/06: 4 upper spacers