kissing with braces....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DichCa

#46 Post by DichCa »

i can finally add to this thread. I finally kissed somebody since getting braces and oh boy was i ever nervous about the whole thing. Well I'm sure it wouldn't be that bad if I didn't think about the braces so much and I'm pretty sure i scratched him, or something along those lines, while kissing :roll: I think it'll take some practice for me...and he didn't act any different the next time i saw him, so i guess it wasn't that bad :lol: whoop whoop for me
-Noone can make you feel inferior without your consent-

chillin-in-grilz

#47 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Awesome. I think if you dont think about braces you should be fine.The more u think the more nervous you are and something is bound to happen. LOL
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

LP

#48 Post by LP »

I never even occured to me before getting braced to think about it. Glad to here that for the most part there are no problems :lol:
Last edited by LP on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

mamabracito

#49 Post by mamabracito »

As most of you know I just got braced July 18th. When I went to kiss my fiance it was difficult :lol: All he said was 'we need to practice more often' lol...Now 4 days into treatment it's a little easier.

Rebecca

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

July 18, 2006 Speed Braces on both Top and Bottoms!
July 30, 2007 BSSO, Le Fort 1, SARPE, and something else Surgery lol!

nvcarissa

#50 Post by nvcarissa »

I hope nothing will change for me
Brace_Face_2006 - I had no complaints with my kissing pre-surgery. I am just saying that the movement of my jaw made things a bit easier. Different doesn't necessarily = bad.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

chillin-in-grilz

lol

#51 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

i mean, when you are really into it.

Braces January 29, 2007

nvcarissa

#52 Post by nvcarissa »

That's what I meant.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

Dramagyrl

#53 Post by Dramagyrl »

I waited to try some real kissing until I was more used to my teeth in braces. Gave it a whirl last night and it went great, not a bump or scrape or anything. I think being very aware of the braces now and knowing how to work with them was really to my advantage or things would have been much clumsier :)
I guess it also helps that I was familiar with who I was kissing. If I had to kiss someone new for the first time, that wouldn't be so simple.

chillin-in-grilz

Yeah

#54 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

It would be more awkward kissing someone new. But when you kiss with a long term BF or something its easier. Cuz you both know how each other kisses with each other. When its someone new you dont know.

Braces January 29, 2007

sjsarre

#55 Post by sjsarre »

My partner says that he can't even feel the brace when we kiss. I'm sure its a bit of a mind over matter thing! The more you think about the brace the more you think its going to cause problems..

Now i've eventually got over that feeling that its a foreign object in my mouth I do have times when I forget its even there. In fact over half of my day I would say I don't feel it. Only when it catches every now and again and just when i've had an adjustment!