Poll: At What Age Did You Get Your Braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

At What Age Did You Start Your Current Orthodontic Treatment?

18 to 21
15%
22 to 29
36%
30 to 39
29%
40 to 49
13%
50 to 59
6%
60 plus
1%

Total votes: 2072

Nana51

Re: Poll: At What Age Did You Get Your Braces?

#511 Post by Nana51 »

I'm 51, have had 4 teeth extracted in preparation for braces in about a month. This board and other blogs have encouraged me to go for this, even at my age. As others have said, my parents couldn't afford this for me when it was the "preferred" age, but hey, look at all the improvements since then. Dental insurance will assist with the cost now. My goal is to keep a positive attitude about the whole experience (even after reading about spacers!) ... And just to look at the experience as an adventure! I'm pleased to have the support of my husband and grown kids (both had braces). Treatment time: 3 years. Looking forward to feedback and helpful hints...and getting the process started.

JeniK

#512 Post by JeniK »

I am 55. I get my braces on Aug 6th....cannot wait!

Godnosc

#513 Post by Godnosc »

I turned 28 recently and will be getting braced a week from now. I only started seriously considering braces when I was 24 but kept putting it off because of the cost, but I got sick of being embarrassed by my overcrowded lowers and finally got the ball rolling with a request for an ortho referral from my dentist after the new year.

asag

#514 Post by asag »

39. Wish I'd done it sooner...

JeniK

#515 Post by JeniK »

Nana! You and I will be braced within a few weeks of each other! Same...my parents could not afford braces. Raised kids...and now it is my turn! I am 55 and looking forward to finally fixing my teeth!! I am learning as much as I can from this forum that I can!!

Toothfairyy

#516 Post by Toothfairyy »

I got them at 27 :)

Kodatech

#517 Post by Kodatech »

I was 31 when I got mine, and I am hoping to have them off at 33...according to the orthodontist.

MagneticMouth

#518 Post by MagneticMouth »

I got mine on when I was 12 and had them off when I was around 14!

KLM1996

#519 Post by KLM1996 »

I'm 17 and I just got mine put on yesterday! :)

ItsJustKim

#520 Post by ItsJustKim »

37. I should have had them when I was 14 but I didn't want a mouthful of metal as a teenager (now, of course, I wish I had just got it over and done with when I was a teenager). I'm glad I'm finally taking the plunge to do something about my teeth.

Kim

mitboi

#521 Post by mitboi »

im 30 and am getting braces in the near future!

Valiere

#522 Post by Valiere »

Just got mine at 25 in time for the quarter-life crisis!

JeniK

#523 Post by JeniK »

Still 55...but my count down to braces is now 20 days! :D

kids041

#524 Post by kids041 »

I am 43 and get them in 19 days! I can't wait to get this started! Long time coming, wish I could have done it years ago, but better late then never (while I still have all my own teeth). I have a deep bite and have worn down the lower front teeth and I want it to stop before I break any more teeth, and have to have them fixed. I have some minor crowding on the bottom, but really I have straight teeth. I just need this silly bite fixed. I grind my teeth to add insult to injury... ugh! :x

collegebraceface13

#525 Post by collegebraceface13 »

21 =)