Should I have teeth extracted or implanted?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ivette

Progress Update

#61 Post by Ivette »

Well, it has been another 3 months and I finally decided to have a look at my smile so I can give you an update :)
Actually for the FIRST time ever, I saw some changes! They're not obvious at first look but it's so amazing to see any changes! I always thought that the changes I see happening with other people may not be observed with my teeth so it's quite encouraging to see changes!

Here're some pictures from before the expander and today.

This is from March this year:

This picture was taken yesterday:

The main change I actually see is in my left canine - before it was behind the lower teeth and now you can actually see more of it! I see my whole smile expanding and this is so cool!

During my last appointment the ortho said that most likely I'll have to stay with the expanders till the end of the year which will make it 8 months total. Can't wait to get rid of the expanders and start with the braces!

Ivette

#62 Post by Ivette »

I'm getting my upper braces today!!! Wish me luck...

sauerkraut

#63 Post by sauerkraut »

Hi Ivette, I've somehow missed your story until now but it makes for interesting reading! And yes I can see progress in the pictures you posted. You must be really pleased.

Will you need to wear your expanders along with your braces? That could seem like quite a mouthful at first! But it's amazing what we can get used to, and how quickly the time goes by (at least, when you're looking back on it afterwards :wink: )

All the best with your Brace Day: I'm sure you'll be fine :)