Foods you try to get away with having braces...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

OldBikerBag

Re: Foods you try to get away with having braces...

#61 Post by OldBikerBag »

Cut the meat off the bone. Don't try to strip it off with your teeth.

I have the new bracket now. It's kinda weird...I missed the tugging feeling on those lower teeth. Am I odd in feeling that if I feel the tugging, it's comforting to know something might be happening, even though I can't tell by looking?
385 Days in Damon Braces

xanidu2012

#62 Post by xanidu2012 »

I can see why we're told not to bite into anything. My teeth are sooooo loose and achy. It makes me :crazy: But on the upside my husband made me some BBQ ribs; at first I thought omg! how am I going to eat these; but me made them so tender the meat came off the bone and tasted out of this world. PS101 I feel you with the fresh fruit :( but my husband knows how much I love fresh fruit so he made a fruit salad (cantaloupe, honey dew, strawberries, mango, grapes, pineapple) he cut the fruit into manageable pieces and I had no problem chewin . So for right now I have relearned how to eat and actually enjoy. :lol: I did make my first try at eating at restaurant but after an hour or so I asked for a take home tray. Just wanted to eat in a comfortable environment :)

hydr0

#63 Post by hydr0 »

I still can't bite into anything - when I have to bite something, I use the super attractive, side of the mouth, bite with the back teeth and rip, technique.

That hasn't stopped me from eating absolutely EVERYTHING though. Today I had 2 Starbursts, oh how I've missed them. I about had to gum them to death, but I managed!Though I wouldn't have tried if I didn't have an ortho appointment tomorrow anyway.
Female, 30, USA. Clarity uppers, metal lowers. Left upper premolar extracted 3/20/12, Brace Day 3/28/12, left central incisor extraction 7/30/12. Sentenced to 30 months.

OldBikerBag

#64 Post by OldBikerBag »

I chewed gum the other day. Okay, mostly, I rolled it around with my tongue. I admit it.
385 Days in Damon Braces

xanidu2012

#65 Post by xanidu2012 »

That's funny OldBikerBag :lol: this is the 1st time I've laughed all day with my teeth pain. Thanks :lol:

OldBikerBag

#66 Post by OldBikerBag »

I just ate a big ol Subway sandwich with double meat, lots of fresh vegetables including spinach leaves and cucumbers, as well as pickles and olives.

*checking....*

Yep! All my brackets are still there and the wires are where they belong! :jump:

(Sometimes you just have to give in to cravings for fresh veggies...)
385 Days in Damon Braces

xanidu2012

#67 Post by xanidu2012 »

Good for you OldBikerBag. Did u bite into it or knife/fork it? How long did it take u to eat it? :lol:

linguallady

#68 Post by linguallady »

POPCORN every week :GapToothed:

OldBikerBag

#69 Post by OldBikerBag »

xanidu2012 wrote:Good for you OldBikerBag. Did u bite into it or knife/fork it? How long did it take u to eat it? :lol:
I unwrapped it and got to work. Biting down was not really an option, but I was able to tear it with my front teeth. Made kind of a mess, but sooooo yummy. Italian Herb n Cheese bread.....

I really wish we had a "like" button on this forum. Popcorn, @linguallady?? LMAO :-**
385 Days in Damon Braces

linguallady

#70 Post by linguallady »

@OldBikerBag, haha :-* yes POPCORN (with salt & vinegar flavoring).. my kryptonite!!

Now as for a SUBWAY SANDWICH.. that deserves a double-like!!!!!! :soremouth: