What is your number?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Webbie

Re: What is your number?

#61 Post by Webbie »

12 months metal braces, 6 months retainers. 2 months 9 days completed.

kellyb

#62 Post by kellyb »

I was given 18 mos but pleased to say my lowers will be debraced next month at 10 mos and 10 days! Not sure when the uppers will be off.

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

Big Tex

#63 Post by Big Tex »

Ugh. Went in today. I asked about debanding. He said 2, maybe 3 more visits. "After Thanksgiving but before Christmas."

Of course, in June, I heard "September or October, but definitely before Thanksgiving." I turn 41 in early December. I will have spent my entire year as a 40 year old with braces. I was not expecting that. I had the jaw surgery in January. I'm happy with the results, but now I'm waiting on "fine-tuning" and "detailing" that are of a much lesser concern. I think it looks good, but here I am having to wait 6-8 more weeks. These visits leave me depressed every time. I just want to get on with my life.

Dee17

#64 Post by Dee17 »

Hi Big Tex,
Sorry to hear that you've had that disappointment. Must be discouraging. But, you're pulling into the home stretch. Try to think of all that you've endured so far. The end result is in sight! That's good news, right? I'm sure it must be hard to keep your enthusiasm up. I'm sure I'd be feeling the same way were I in your shoes. For me? I'm just getting ready to start my journey on Thursday so I really don't know what to expect. Just thought I'd send you a message to try to encourage you a bit. Hang in there. Not much longer now!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/

Glandyover

#65 Post by Glandyover »

Big Tex wrote:Ugh. Went in today. I asked about debanding. He said 2, maybe 3 more visits. "After Thanksgiving but before Christmas."

Of course, in June, I heard "September or October, but definitely before Thanksgiving." I turn 41 in early December. I will have spent my entire year as a 40 year old with braces. I was not expecting that. I had the jaw surgery in January. I'm happy with the results, but now I'm waiting on "fine-tuning" and "detailing" that are of a much lesser concern. I think it looks good, but here I am having to wait 6-8 more weeks. These visits leave me depressed every time. I just want to get on with my life.
It's a bad week for Big Texes all around, isn't it? :(

blissmom

#66 Post by blissmom »

2.5 years. Just started last week.

juicyjuicy

#67 Post by juicyjuicy »

26 months with jaw surgery midway.

canuck88

#68 Post by canuck88 »

Originally told 12 months; currently 7 months in and told I may have 7-9 more months (so 14-16 in total)....

Lopez

#69 Post by Lopez »

7 months

ShopGirlBraced

#70 Post by ShopGirlBraced »

Also given an 18 month sentence :) However, I do strongly feel like it might be a total standard answer from the ortho until you're fully braced lol.

kennyandrew85

#71 Post by kennyandrew85 »

I think most young adults get either quote A or B.

A.) 12-18 months without extractions

B.) 18-24 months with extractions
Brace Date: 14th April 2011
Estimated Debrace Date: 14th April 2013
Real Debrace Date 18th June 2013

4 extractions, upper ceramic brackets and lower metal to fix overjet and overcrowding.

Raleigh

#72 Post by Raleigh »

2.5 years so 30 months in total! :shock: Just got braced exactly a week ago.

MrsRJ

#73 Post by MrsRJ »

2.5 years, and I'm about 3 months in.

BracedSurgeryStudent

#74 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

I've been told at the beginning 30 months. But will have them off by 20 months for sure she told me the other day :)
Jenn Medeiros

Lucky13NJ

#75 Post by Lucky13NJ »

I was told 24-30 months but my ortho is hoping to keep me to 24 months. I get braced on Monday, Jan. 21st.