Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SnowSara

#646 Post by SnowSara »

Sadly (ok not really) this will be my last set of colors, I let the assistants pick them out. One girl really likes the deep red and another girl is a fan of the metallic teal. So there you go! I've had a deep red twice now and am thrilled at how it withstands coffee and tea stains, and "blends" in with my lips and gums. Highly recommended if you haven't done red yet!

I'm getting my braces off February 13th!! So excited, the year has gone by FAST!

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

LadyTr0uble

#647 Post by LadyTr0uble »

FITeach wrote:I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to lig colors.
I chose clear braces to be as inconspicuous as possible
so I'm planning to have clear ligs the entire time.
They haven't given me staining problems YET,
but I've only had my braces for a week.
That's what I was planning too. then things got boring and stains would bother me, especially when there is a long gap between my appointments...

The way I see it now: you have them in your mouth, you might as well have fun with it. I didn't always feel that way; in fact, it took me a while to get there

Miss Smiley

#648 Post by Miss Smiley »

I've been getting clear powerchains and ligs since August. I don't mind the staining so much anymore unless it's neon yellow/green or bright orange. Luckily my ortho likes people with clear ligs and clear braces to come in every 3 weeks to get ligs changed. Sometimes, I'm lazy and schedule about 4-5 weeks.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

mariahfromchicago

#649 Post by mariahfromchicago »

FITeach wrote:I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to lig colors.
I chose clear braces to be as inconspicuous as possible
so I'm planning to have clear ligs the entire time.
They haven't given me staining problems YET,
but I've only had my braces for a week.
You're not alone! I always choose clear as the colour (I don't have clear braces). But, I'm sure you already know that you are not alone!
- mariah

HIMgurl

#650 Post by HIMgurl »

My first ligs! Image

The flash made the ligs about a shade lighter. Not fully braced yet but its a start!
I have just completed my treatment!!

Miss Smiley

#651 Post by Miss Smiley »

Very cute HIMgurl!!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

breal87

#652 Post by breal87 »

HIMGurl hehe awesome pink!!

Test

ilovemacs

#653 Post by ilovemacs »

Sweet ligs!! :wink:

HIMgurl

#654 Post by HIMgurl »

Smiley, Breal ,Mac- Thanks! Just sort of picked it. And I love the color. I'll see how the ligs stand up to coffee soon.
I have just completed my treatment!!

Wired Skull

#655 Post by Wired Skull »

Eric805

I guess you checked my pics out. I've had black on my lowers but not on the uppers as my ortho don't have black powerchains :cry:
I may go for black again next time if my ortho don't have metallic colored. I also hope the powerchain will not be needed so I can try color on my uppers as well. Black is great. Looks super on clear braces and wont stain at all.

SnowSara

The metallic teal are super nice. I want them too. I have to check if they are available when I'm going for my next appointment on february 15.

Your teeth look great and I wish you good luck with the removal and please keep smiling all the time. I will when my time comes :lol:

//Wired
Braces on: 2007-01-20
Ceramics upper and lower.
Elastics: 2007-08-16
Debanding: 2008-11-20 / 2009-06-12
Braces again: 2010-07-05
Metal - Lower only.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiredskull ... 501093091/

phae

#656 Post by phae »

2nd adjustment today!

I went all black this time, as I'll be going to Seattle for work in a couple weeks, and I always eat Indian food up there, so no staining for me!

I like it, it's spooky. ;)
>.<

If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster. -- Isaac Asimov

SnowSara

#657 Post by SnowSara »

Thanks Wired! The metallic teal are super cool, wish I had discovered that color earlier on!
Best of luck with your treatment, I can't believe my time is almost done (although I consider my retainer a whole 'nother adventure!)

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

Wired Skull

#658 Post by Wired Skull »

SnowSara

Good luck with the removal of your braces. You got a very, very nice smile and your teeth look super. I hope you are satisfied with your treatment.
Please let us know how it feels after they are removed. I have had my braces about a week longer than you and I can't remember how it was without them as they have became a part of me. My braces will be on for a few more months. No removing date yet. I'm so used to them so that it seems strange to remove them :D

I wish you good luck and I guess you will smile a lot on the debanding day.
Braces on: 2007-01-20
Ceramics upper and lower.
Elastics: 2007-08-16
Debanding: 2008-11-20 / 2009-06-12
Braces again: 2010-07-05
Metal - Lower only.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiredskull ... 501093091/

davidspd

#659 Post by davidspd »

Wow, it's been really inspiring looking at everyone's colours, and everyone's teeth look so much better than mine. I wish i'd had the guts to go ahead and get metal brackets.

I'm going for my first adjustment in about 5 weeks and was wondering which colour is the best for both making my teeth look whiter and not showing stains (particularly curry)?

science teacher

colors

#660 Post by science teacher »

I am getting boring. I went all gray today. My ortho told me that gray is the strongest powerchain and after a year I want things to move quickly.

I just guess I'm bored with braces and picking colors isn't much fun any more. I am on a 3 week schedule so I have until March 4 to pick new colors for the bottom.
SARPE 11/23/06
Expansion over 12/18/06 8.5mm
Brace day tops 1/15/07
Brace day bottoms 3/19/07
all expansion devices removed 9/19/07