Poll: At What Age Did You Get Your Braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

At What Age Did You Start Your Current Orthodontic Treatment?

18 to 21
15%
22 to 29
36%
30 to 39
29%
40 to 49
13%
50 to 59
6%
60 plus
1%

Total votes: 2072

jess1889

Re: Poll: At What Age Did You Get Your Braces?

#736 Post by jess1889 »

25 years old. I always wanted them as a teenager but my parents could not afford it. Now, I wish so bad this was done when I was a teen so I didn't have to go through it now.

embraceded

#737 Post by embraceded »

I just got mine this morning at 21 years old, same deal as many I assume parents couldn't afford...

This is hard!!

WiredWeaver

#738 Post by WiredWeaver »

Newbie here!

I just got my braces two weeks ago. I'm 31. Couldn't be happier about getting them!

denabs

#739 Post by denabs »

41! Just had them in and still adjusting.

Wolfy

#740 Post by Wolfy »

Hi everyone, I'm also a newbie :)
I am 29, if all goes to plan I will have braces on within about 2 weeks!
Nervous but excited!!

MrPlenty

#741 Post by MrPlenty »

28. I'm braced for 2 weeks now

jamiegonzales56

#742 Post by jamiegonzales56 »

37. 10 days into a 2 year sentence! ;)

41twinsmom

#743 Post by 41twinsmom »

Just getting mine at 41!

Camblkid

#744 Post by Camblkid »

I'm 41. Got my braces on three weeks ago. So far, so good, though I'd kinda like to take them off for a little while. I guess it's a good thing I went conventional over invisalign!

denabs

#745 Post by denabs »

At 41! Left it too long tbh and only after my wife kept insisting. Should have done it a while ago.

acmoc

#746 Post by acmoc »

I was 14 the first time, got western dental.
Teeth were left flared and so at 23 I have them again with extractions and little screws to help bring my teeth back into my mouth.

BracedSurgeryStudent

#747 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

I was 19
Jenn Medeiros

deblo

#748 Post by deblo »

I got them at 25 and it was really tough at first. I really wish someone had told me I needed them when I was younger. My teeth "look" good and I don't think anyone will be able to tell a difference when I get them off, but apparently I have a lot of bite issues.

jenvieve

#749 Post by jenvieve »

Just got mine 11 days ago. I am 37. Will be 40 when I get mine off so hoping to start my 40's off with great teeth :)

I should have had them as a child, and could have because my parents had excellent benefits... wish I had then... but then it probably would have added to the things I would be bullied for (I was geeky, overweight, my mom was a teacher, and a minority religion...throw braces in there and yeah... I can only imagine.)

I've always avoided smiling much in pictures which drove my mom nuts. I HATED my smile, worse and worse over the years. Braces didn't even cross my mind. About 7-8 years ago a co-worker of mine treated herself to braces when she turned 40. At the time, I thought "good for her" and didn't think anything more of it. (I've lost contact with her - I'd love to see her teeth now!) Last year I met a girl at my new job who turns 50 this year and just got her braces off about a month ago. She raved about her braces all the time, loves her new teeth, and recommended her orthodontist to me... and... here I am... baby steps into my journey :) Off to a rough start but looking forward to the final results :)

Lupego

#750 Post by Lupego »

29. Turned it down on the nhs as a child. Silly me