Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JumpTheDitch

#76 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Wow.

Just wanted to say I love the thread. I've done a few searches looking for pics of different coloured ligs and found nothing much; this thread was a great idea Meryaten!

I love everyone's colours, I'm afraid I've been very boring and only had silver on my metal (top and bottom). First adjustment is today. I'm trying to work up the courage for colour, maybe metallic or light blue but I don't know if I will be ok with the colour for a whole 4-6 weeks!

Oh the committment!!

Flora2006

#77 Post by Flora2006 »

Samer here, I don't have the courage to try colors yet, but I am hoping that sometime this summer I'll get the courage to try one. I really want purple as I've seen many pictures with purple ligs and it looks so nice.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

jennandtonic

#78 Post by jennandtonic »

I thought I wouldn't want colors, but at my adjustment today decided--what the hey and had them put on my favorite color- maroon- on the top. The bottoms are going to have to wait for another time:

Dark_angel

#79 Post by Dark_angel »

I currently have pink ligs although their getting changed next thursday to purple and something.

At my first adjustment i got silver ligs, my ortho just shoved them on without me asking.

When i had my braces put on i had black and purple ligs but i dont have any photos of that.

eoberhauser

#80 Post by eoberhauser »

Ok, Green for St Paddy's Day!

Love this color!

Erin

OneTime

#81 Post by OneTime »

On my first adjustment I ask for these colors.

Image[/img]

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

OneTime

#82 Post by OneTime »

In process...
Final 05/15/08

rockexrolloh

Wire Ties

#83 Post by rockexrolloh »

Can you specifically ask for wire ties or is that something your orthodontist decides? Are they the same thing as ligatures, or what?

OneTime

Re: Wire Ties

#84 Post by OneTime »

rockexrolloh wrote:Can you specifically ask for wire ties or is that something your orthodontist decides? Are they the same thing as ligatures, or what?
You can ask, but that's up to the ortho if he/she uses them. Other wise you can just get colors lig.

In process...
Final 05/15/08

Srh

#85 Post by Srh »

What are peoples experiences with staining? What colour do the different coloured bands stain/fade to? And finally what stains/fades the least?

Id love to go bold with the different colours - but half of my upper teeth are with bands and half are with wire ties. I think it would look a little odd. However with the bottom I think Im going to need something other than silver - it feels a little heavy! Mind you - Ive only been braced a week!

eoberhauser

#86 Post by eoberhauser »

I actually have some wireties too. They put the color ligs on top of them so I don't look silly. You could ask if they would do this for you.

Erin

cleozar2007

#87 Post by cleozar2007 »

I just got my top braces on Thurday. They use Damons, but they still put ligs on. The assistant said they put them on mainly for comfort. The way the ligs are put on are wierd, but I think it will look cool when I get colors at my first adjustment. I went with silver at first. I wanted to get used to the braces first before I got crazy with colors.

alexa

#88 Post by alexa »

New lig colors...light blue and turqoise....I'm digging them! 8)

Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

stclair5211

#89 Post by stclair5211 »

I got all blue ligs on 3/22 at my first adj. and well, got tired of them! I bought some ligs on my own to try and I decided to try this. Anyone else get tired of there ligs quickly???

Srh

#90 Post by Srh »

Where can you buy ligs from? and did your ortho change them or did you do it yourself?