What is your number?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

prairiehouse

Re: What is your number?

#91 Post by prairiehouse »

18-24 months for me.

missblu3

#92 Post by missblu3 »

24-30 months...of course that could always change, ha.

In-Ovation C Upper Arch, In-Ovation R Lower Arch

Jannie

#93 Post by Jannie »

I was told 24 months. and I am at 21 months now.... :shock: My ortho (who I love and respect) doesn't really like the "when are they coming OFF" question. He had been telling me that I was "ahead of schedule" so I was thinking sometime in April in May. Turns out the assistant told me I am scheduled for August. :cry: That would mean total of 26 months (got them on June 1).

fleur26

#94 Post by fleur26 »

22-24 months currently at 30!

Okate

#95 Post by Okate »

15-18 months for me : )

safetysquirrel

#96 Post by safetysquirrel »

17 months!

Chicken

#97 Post by Chicken »

I was told 16 to 18 months. I have only completed 3 weeks on my top. I needed a frenectomy. I have damon clears on the top front and will have metal on the bottoms next month. I also have a criss cross of wire on my top front teeth to close the gap. I have a gap appearing on the tooth next to them. My ortho says the gaps will eventually be in the back of my mouth. I also have a moderate over bite and some crooked teeth at the bottom. Has anyone else had a crossed wire in front to close spaces?

kt87

#98 Post by kt87 »

I've been told 24 months. I'm hoping less but either way it won't bother me :)
:heart: :heart: :heart:

jem

#99 Post by jem »

6-9 months but currently 2 days short of 15.
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

Paige

#100 Post by Paige »

At my first visit, my orthodontist said 18 to 24 months. Apparently I have a good bite already at the back, so this is just to straighten them at the front. That seems like a long time! I think its better to think of it as 24 months and then hope for earlier.

CCandy

#101 Post by CCandy »

Was quoted 2 years and it has been 6years in total.

5 years in braces and 1 year with the operation prior to getting braces.

She told me we are on the home stretch at my last appointment. However, if I was told at my initial consultation (was 18 years old) that this process wouldn't be finished until I was approaching my mid-twenties, I would have picked another option.