Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

catgyrl

#946 Post by catgyrl »

Holy crap! Sorry so big, guys... I don't think my resizing thing is working...

catgyrl

#947 Post by catgyrl »

Oh... I guess it did resize correctly.

(Why, oh why, can't we get an edit button???)

catgyrl

#948 Post by catgyrl »

Here's a better comparison:

Pearl Ligs: From 9/3/10 to 9/17/10:

BracketRacket

#949 Post by BracketRacket »

VancouverJude wrote:
BracketRacket wrote:Trying to decide on my first color -- I want to have fun, but I know the wire's going to be awfully crooked at first and was wondering if it would be better to go with something that wouldn't draw as much attention at first. On the other hand, if I'm going to be hurting and such, I might as well enjoy what I can!

My favorite color is blue, so I was thinking about a teal or something. I'll guess I'll decide at the last minute -- any suggestions?

Hey BracketRacket,

Just read your story. Yowzer. Good for you.

You, my friend, sound like the perfect candidate for a metallic blue or green lig! I think most ortho's have them.

Send pix. I'm not a crazy voyeur (well...) just getting ideas.
I've seen some awesome jelly/metallic teal ones a few times -- I'll have to bug my ortho if he doesn't have them!

nhathman

Jude and Cathy

#950 Post by nhathman »

Thanks so much for checking out my video! I'm glad it helped to illustrate your options on your brace-face journey :D

Good luck and best wishes!

Noel a.k.a. Green-lig girl!

catgyrl

#951 Post by catgyrl »

Hi Noel!

Thank you so much for posting here, and for your YouTube video. :D Do you know the exact name of your ligs? I have a pic of the 3M Unitek lig color pallette, but can't read the words next to the colors. Haha I'm thinking it might be Extreme Green(??)

Still working up my nerve to they them...

-Cathy

KatieGee

#952 Post by KatieGee »

Cathy, just wanted to let you know that I had my red beet borscht over the weekend and my light purple ligs still look fine! lol. I have an adjustment in about a week. Might try your pearl coloured ligs!

catgyrl

#953 Post by catgyrl »

Hey Katie-

I think I'd stick to the lavendar, if I were you. I'm heading into my 3rd week, and just took a close-up pic of the pearl ligs. Yep - stained yellow!! Aargh!! Mostly noticeable up-close; from afar or normal distance, they just "glow" a bit less. They certainly don't look as bad as the clear ligs, by any means.

Man, I gotta figure out what to do about this. The worst culprit for me is my Pepsi. I try switching it up to Sprite once in a while, but... I need my caffeine in the morning, and I don't drink coffee or tea. LOL!

DesertCat

#954 Post by DesertCat »

Lilac, brace day and 8 weeks later:
ImageImage
Those really didn't stain or fade much at all. I ate spaghetti sauce containing soup most days. They're a bit more pinkish in person.

Purple and black:

kaylaa

#955 Post by kaylaa »

That's funny, I was just about to post my purple and black ligs too!

Your teeth are coming along quite nicely!

I don't like the purple that they have. It's not bold enough. I like the black though. I think I might stick with black on top for now and experiment with other colours on the bottom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

catgyrl

#956 Post by catgyrl »

Kaylaa-

You look great with those black ligs (the purple ones, too, but especially the black). I think I might look scary with them on my ceramic brackets. haha They make your teeth look really white!

Desertcat-

Your timing is impeccable! I go in tomorrow afternoon for my adjustment and am trying to decide which color I should try. I think I shall go with a lilac/purple. They don't look like they faded or stained much at all after 8 weeks. My adjustments are usually around 4 weeks apart, so those should work well for me. Thank you!! :D

-Cathy

catgyrl

#957 Post by catgyrl »

Okay... I DID IT!!! "Plum Crazy" ligs!! Unfortunately, they don't photograph nearly as "purple" as they look on my brackets. They're really a dark, grape purple in color, but they photograph more of a lavendar. I figured out what it is: IT'S THE FLASH!!! But since the flash also makes my teeth look white... we'll just have to keep the flash on. :lol: Here ya go:

I seriously might try Screaming Pink next time. I want to test these to see if they fade/stain first.

-Cathy

VancouverJude

#958 Post by VancouverJude »

Catgyrl yer Cute! You can pull coloured ligs and ceramic off. A hot/bright pink would rock.

I had been here recently trying to decide what kind of brackets to get. I had to make up my mind this week when I got my spacers and decided to go old school with all metal.

It turns out they are going to be Ormco mini-twins 30% smaller than regular metal so that's a bit of okay I suppose. [Anyone out there wearing the mini-twin? Can you pm me for a few questions <grin>]

Brace day Oct 6th.

catgyrl

#959 Post by catgyrl »

Hi Jude

Awww...thank you!

Re: the Ormco brackets. You might want to post a separate thread about this, since your question might get "lost" in this thread.

My Damin SL metals that I still have on the bottom teeth are pretty small, and I'm very pleased with them. The only time they bother me is when my bite changes, and even then, it's only the molar brackets that rub.

-Cathy

catgyrl

#960 Post by catgyrl »

Edit button... anyone...Bueller??

Here's a pic taken from my cell phone which, oddly enough, shows the ligs as they truly look:

What a difference a flash makes. :D