Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

5oh9

#961 Post by 5oh9 »

Braces at 4th and 5th month! :D

Alternate radical red and screaming pink

Alternate teal and plum crazy purple

catgyrl

#962 Post by catgyrl »

5oh9

NIIIIIICE!! I see your ortho uses the same colors as mine does, so that's awesome. Please post any lig changes you get in the future so I can get more ideas. :D

Wow - that Screaming Pink is... VERY PINK! I love it. Let me know how it holds up. That was my only hesitation in getting it yesterday. The assistant took one look at me and said, "Pink!" I must look like a "pink" person. haha

-Cathy

sadpanda

#963 Post by sadpanda »

Cathy -

I can't believe you still have over 18 months until your braces are removed. Your teeth look very nice right now. :) And I love the purple ligs! I'm hoping my ortho has a color like that, but I don't think I've seen one.

roost22

#964 Post by roost22 »

Cathy, the color looks great I used plum crazy quite often and it did not stain, I still think that you would be happy with black. I used it several times and so did my wife. BTW got my braces off today WOOHOO!
lower metal brackets 12/3/2008, upper red,white and blue system12/29/08 , tx 12-16 months Image

catgyrl

#965 Post by catgyrl »

Sadpanda

Thank you...that's very sweet of you to say! I didn't include the pic of my gaping extraction gap here, so I still have a very long way to go. The overjet is still there, and my midline is waaaay off. You can see that my upper central incisors are off to one side. But it's all good. I can't wait to see how they progress.

I can't believe I made such a big stink about getting colors. They're so much fun!! I say go for it. :D

Cathy

Ohkae

#966 Post by Ohkae »

Just recently changed from blue to light blue. At 6 weeks so far.

tsmurfenator

#967 Post by tsmurfenator »

These aren't my teeth (I'm stuck on boring gray myself), but my photo of someone I recently met -

Note the detailing of the upper arch: fuchsia powerchain half-links each spread over two bracket halves (creating distinct color splash in the middle of each bracket), with more subtle lilac ligs overlaid.

Sky blue (over wired ligs) on bottom.
Green elastics (you can just barely see - sorry I didn't capture that well)

A work of art.
34 y/o guy with full metal brackets and molar bands since 12/16/2009.
1st Adjustment + secondary molar bands 1/23/2010.
2nd Adjustment 3/27/2010.
3rd Adjustment 5/1/2010.
4th Adjustment 6/11/2010.
5th Adjustment 9/29/2010.
6th Adjustment 2/8/2011.

catgyrl

#968 Post by catgyrl »

tsmurfenator - WOW!!!!!

I think my orthodontist would have a COW if I asked him to do something like that!! But I love it! Must feel tight as heck, though. This person has very beautiful teeth.

Ohkae - those light blues look gorgeous on your metal braces! Very sparkly!!

Lanna

#969 Post by Lanna »

I have a black powerchain on top and translucent orange powerchain on bottom. I think this is the first pic I've ever posted with the colors?

Sorry it's so hard to see with the elastics in the way :(

catgyrl

#970 Post by catgyrl »

Lanna-

Those black ones look really nice - might have to try that one day (maybe alternate with my plum crazy!) I'm discovering that not one damn person at work has noticed I put colored ligs on my brackets. Either that, or they did notice and just aren't saying anything... which is fine, too.

Those elastics look CRAZY!!! Is that middle one to fix your midline? If so, I have that to (not) look forward to. I take it you can't eat with that one in, huh? :lol:

roost22-

CONGRATS TO YOU!!! So sorry I missed your post. I think I may try the black ones. If anything can make my teeth look whiter, it must be those, right?

Lanna

#971 Post by Lanna »

Haha, yeah the middle one is to fix my midline. It was off by....7mm? It was craaazy! But I definitely am not able to eat with it in. I tried too, just to make sure! (We all know how much a pain it is to constantly have to change them)
I may go with Christmas colors at the next visit. I don't think I like the orange I have right now. It just doesn't look as great as I thought it was going to.

bb2811

#972 Post by bb2811 »

Ocean green and aqua - my first colours. Wanted turqoise, but accidentally said teal....pretty happy with them though.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

VancouverJude

#973 Post by VancouverJude »

YAY! Finally...may I present my first lig colours. Got braced Oct 6th so far so good. Silver on top and Hot Pink on bottom. The silver is a bit of a yawn. I am very happy with how tiny the brackets are.

Image[/url][/list]

bb2811

#974 Post by bb2811 »

Hey VancouverJude
the pink looks cool - thinking of doing pink next time round now!

VancouverJude

#975 Post by VancouverJude »

Today, just a mere 24 hours shy of my two week anniversary I went to the ortho because I felt my lower right rear archwire was feeling "spongy" just between the last teeth.

Apparently it is natural and the area was examined. I also had them change out the "silver" ligs to "metallic blue" OMG so much better. I kept the "hot pink" on the bottom. Although the blue is 'brighter' than the silver to me it looks more minimal (or at least matches the pink better.)

The person changing the lig tried to tell me that they usually only change them every six weeks (usual time between appt's) but I nipped that in the bud, saying that was in not way what I had been told, and that I will most likely pop by every three weeks. Harumph! With what we're paying. There seems to be about 3 staffers on at a time, and maybe 6 staff aside from front-line. I'm already noting my "faves."