Another step...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lucky_topher

Another step...

#1 Post by lucky_topher »

Got my braces on Nov 15, 2005.. just the top ones.. "full metal jacket" hehehe.. also since then had an extraction, and a gum graft...

Today they powerchained the top.. and said in four weeks i get the bottoms on...

i know it's only been 4 months.. but hey, i feel like another step closer to being done!

(also changed from 'pearl' colors to a really cool almost shimmery silver today)

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

It's good to hear that you are looking at this in a positive light :)
How do the powerchains feel like?

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

WiredNana

#3 Post by WiredNana »

Wow...You have had alot done in a short time! Today is 4 weeks since being braced uppers and lowers, and I was told that gum grafting was in my future!
How did that go?

Did they do the flap surgery or the grafting from the roof of your mouth .....I was told you can't open your mouth for a week?....is that True! I'm in hopes that the braces will realign the four teeth into the gums so I don't need to have this done......also it's very expensive...I was given a quote of $3200, and with a possibility of a implant later too....I'm getting concerned......
Wirednana (Deb)

lucky_topher

#4 Post by lucky_topher »

Flora2006 wrote:It's good to hear that you are looking at this in a positive light :)
How do the powerchains feel like?
i purposely waited to answer this.... at first it felt like a regular tightening... this morning it feels like a tightening x 2 ... just a little more pain than normal... nothing ican't handle but argh.... i'm eating my donut with a fork and knife

i'll snap some pics.. the top has become much straighter in only 4 months

lucky_topher

#5 Post by lucky_topher »

WiredNana wrote:Wow...You have had alot done in a short time! Today is 4 weeks since being braced uppers and lowers, and I was told that gum grafting was in my future!
How did that go?

Did they do the flap surgery or the grafting from the roof of your mouth .....I was told you can't open your mouth for a week?....is that True! I'm in hopes that the braces will realign the four teeth into the gums so I don't need to have this done......also it's very expensive...I was given a quote of $3200, and with a possibility of a implant later too....I'm getting concerned......
well they wouldn't put my bottoms on without doing the grafting because my gums had receeded so far on that noe tooth.. they just pulled a small bit from right beside (it was a lower center tooth) and put it where it belonged.. it took 2-3 wks for the sutures to naturally dissolve and fall out and another 2-3 to feel 100% normal and brushable w/ the sonicare...

my cost was only about $75 (including nitrous) due to insurance for that, but my actual braces are $4150 - $1000 for insurance = $3150 out of pocket.... that didn't include the grafting, nor the extraction...

i'll get pics of my progress up soon.. i'm pretty happy with 4 months worth