Debanding date set! Frenectomy too

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mtbrncofn

Debanding date set! Frenectomy too

#1 Post by mtbrncofn »

I went to the ortho today and he said I"m done! Wahooooo! My debanding date is set for April 18. Unfortunately, tomorrow I have to go have my frenectomy done and I can't say I'm all that anxious to go do it.

So I only have 28 days left in braces! :jump:
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

Kell

#2 Post by Kell »

That is so exciting!
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Shelby014

#3 Post by Shelby014 »

I really wouldn't worry about the frenectomy, my 7 year old little cousin had it done, and it didn't even phase her, so it can't be that horrible.
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

Evelyn

#4 Post by Evelyn »

Congrats congrats congrats on your debanding date!!!!! That's awesome, you must be so excited-I want to see pics when you're done!

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

mtbrncofn

#5 Post by mtbrncofn »

Thank you all! I am very excited. Now that I have a definite date, it will take forever of course. Kind of like waiting for Christmas as a kid.

After reading a few threads that were posted recently about people not being happy with their teeth, I will admit I'm nervous. I have one irritation already that I guess won't be fixed.

My left tooth next to my big front one ( nice technical term ) will not close in snugly to the other teeth. I thought it was something that was just being stubborn. I asked the assistant today and she said nope, it's already closed. The top of the tooth is wider than the bottom, so the bottom isn't snug up to the others. It does bother me.

I've read on here about the slenderizing, and thought maybe that's what he do, but he never mentioned anything about it and I chickened out.

Again, thanks to all for sharing my excitement with me!

alexa

#6 Post by alexa »

Congrats on receiving a date! =D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Samantha08

#7 Post by Samantha08 »

Wow!! You're lucky!! Didnt even have them on for a year! I got my braces on 2 months after you did, so maybe I'll get them off early lol!! Probably not, but Im wishful thinking! What made you get braces? How did your teeth look before? They must not have been too bad if you are already getting your braces off, but mine werent either. They just bugged me lol!
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

mtbrncofn

#8 Post by mtbrncofn »

Samantha08 wrote:Wow!! You're lucky!! Didnt even have them on for a year! I got my braces on 2 months after you did, so maybe I'll get them off early lol!! Probably not, but Im wishful thinking! What made you get braces? How did your teeth look before? They must not have been too bad if you are already getting your braces off, but mine werent either. They just bugged me lol!
I knew it wouldn't be too awful long. He had said 9 months to a year. I got braces mainly because of the huge gap I had between my front teeth, but after I got in there, I noticed there were multiple other big gaps. Here's what they looked like a couple of weeks after I got my braces on.

I know you can't see the bottom at all, but there were big gaps on the sides as well.

Leslie022

#9 Post by Leslie022 »

frenectomy...is that to remove tissure from between your teeth? My teeth look similar and the ortho said I'd need to have a little surgery to remove the extra tissue. I was estimated at 18 months...hopefully I will finish as fast as you!!

Congrats to you!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

mtbrncofn

#10 Post by mtbrncofn »

Oh I'm stickin around, bracedagain....if only to go at with you in the sports thread. :P

Had the frenectomy done today. The actual procedure wasn't bad at all. Unfortunately I waited to long to get home and take a lot of Advil. I was also shocked to learn that they weren't cutting tissue out from behind my teeth as I had thought. It's on the front side up above your front teeth, right about where your lip connects to your gums.

They gave me some gauze because they told me it would bleed for a bit. It was getting pretty painful and I could taste blood, so I got up looked in the mirror to try to put the gauze in where they told me too....and passed out. How embarassing.

I put the ice packs on like they told me and kept gauze in as long I as could and tried to put a new piece in again, and that feeling came over me again. I didn't pass out that time. I don't know what the heck is wrong with me! I don't pass out!

It's very sore right now and the stitches are poking my lip making me feel like I have food stuck up there. I won't be looking at it any time soon, unless I'm already sitting down. ;)

mtbrncofn

#11 Post by mtbrncofn »

Thank you, Karen. :)

I'm really not as big of a wuss as I sound like! I'm not a person who just passes out, darnit! I haven't brushed my teeth yet...I'm scared to.

smilezofmetal2

#12 Post by smilezofmetal2 »

My left tooth next to my big front one ( nice technical term ) will not close in snugly to the other teeth. I thought it was something that was just being stubborn. I asked the assistant today and she said nope, it's already closed. The top of the tooth is wider than the bottom, so the bottom isn't snug up to the others. It does bother me.
I thought I was the only one....are you getting a bonded retainer on the top teeth?

mtbrncofn

#13 Post by mtbrncofn »

Yep, I am. I was talking to the front desk lady about it and she told me that sometimes if your teeth keep hitting up behind there and knocking it off, they have to put it across the front of your teeth! :shock:

Nooooooo!!! I hope mine works the right way. It'd be so disappointing to get the braces off only to have another piece of wire glued across the front.

Serenity

#14 Post by Serenity »

Oh no mtbrncofn, your post made my stomach queasy as I too will have to get a frenectomy post braces.

Way Too Old For This

#15 Post by Way Too Old For This »

mtbrncofn wrote: I got up looked in the mirror to try to put the gauze in where they told me too....and passed out. How embarassing.

I put the ice packs on like they told me and kept gauze in as long I as could and tried to put a new piece in again, and that feeling came over me again. I didn't pass out that time. I don't know what the heck is wrong with me! I don't pass out!
Oh wow, I feel for you. Same thing happened to me when I looked at my impacted canine exposure for the first time. I too am not a wuss. Had lots of surgeries and procedures. It came as a complete shock to me that a simple thing like this would affect me that way and I still can't get over it! Weird.

I have to have a frenectomy also.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.