The Art of Smiling

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Leslie022

The Art of Smiling

#1 Post by Leslie022 »

Before being braced, I perfected this special half-smile. Only on rare occasion, usually a big laugh, did I show my teeth. Like in old animated Disney movies, when the character (usually in love) would have a cute little smile and look up at their partner with these big eyes...that was me. Funny, I know. Let me get to the point.... I have found that it is so much easier just to flash a huge smile and show my teeth than it is to try to give a little grin. The effort it takes to cover my braces just isn't worth it. Not to mention how stupid I look! I've also found that I am so much <b>happier</b> when I smile and don't worry about what my teeth look like.

So let's all :pinkbraces: and be happy!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Kell

#2 Post by Kell »

I smile really big and show almost every tooth in my mouth :) I went to an event about 3 weeks ago and for about a minute I tried not to smile so big. It was impossible for me to smile or even talk while trying to hide my braces. I went back to smiling big.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

michael33

#3 Post by michael33 »

KK wrote:Leslie I totally agree!

I think the worst 'smiles' are those when people are trying to hide their braces ... it's so obvious what they're doing ... it would just be easier not to bother!

I'm with you ... smile and let the world know we're happy ... or know something they don't know! :wink: :dance: :banana:
really? I never thought about that.

Gel

#4 Post by Gel »

Totally sefconscious before braces was I, now I want the whole world to see that I do care what my smile looks like. I can't stop smiling most of the time I am so happy my teeth are being straightened. Happy, happy happy. I agree with KK, let the world see it!

It is better to aim for the stars and land in a tree than to aim for a tree and land in the mud.
Gel

Flora2006

#5 Post by Flora2006 »

I still try to hide my braces because i am still self-conscious about them...but i agree...trying to hide he braces doesn't work...the brackets always show a bit. Very annoying lol.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

godawgs

#6 Post by godawgs »

it's hard sometimes, right, how your lip sometimes gets stuck on a bracket as you start to smile.

even with my horrible teeth i always smile and laugh big. for me, i'm fine with the braces, but i'm still SOOO self conscious about smiling big with my gigantic extraction gaps.
Braces on March 7, 2006
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 mos
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=10032