Puffy Gums where gap closes

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

brandee987

Puffy Gums where gap closes

#1 Post by brandee987 »

One of my gaps is clsoing and the gum in that area is all bunched up and puffy looking.... does that go away?? Will I have to get surgery to remove the excess gums?? I have been brushing and flossing like usual.... TIA!
Ceramic Upper braces: November 29, 2005
Metal Lowers go on: March 7th, 2006

smilezofmetal2

#2 Post by smilezofmetal2 »

The same thing happened to me...and my frenum muscle in between my teeth started to bleed :shock: it goes away after a week or so..I used listerine and it worked mircles...try it...it will get rid of whatever is causing the swellin i.e infection. hope this helps. p.s sometimes flossing caused my gums to flare but with the listerine it went down 8)

seeminglyshy

#3 Post by seeminglyshy »

I have lots of gaps and I've been noticing that my gums between them are getting really puffy as the teeth are pushed back. I was wondering what was going on.
:?
I didnt want my spaces to close but judging by what you're saying I guess they are going to close anyway - whether I like it or not :cry:
Braced: 9/23/05

Having 4 wisdom teeth extracted: 2/17/06 *ouchie*

Ceramic on top, metal below.

Duration: 2 years