Do you love your ortho

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

missing_tooth

Do you love your ortho

#1 Post by missing_tooth »

I've been reading quite a few stories of people who don't like their ortho or are having a hard time finding an ortho they like. Maybe I'm lucky because I couldn't be happier with my ortho. Anyone else feel like they have the best ortho?

- Missing Tooth -

Kroozergirl

#2 Post by Kroozergirl »

I just love my Ortho too! He is the most happiest guy on earth! :)

Kourtney Kitty

#3 Post by Kourtney Kitty »

I love my ortho but I dont know about the assistants
Kourtney Kitty = Geek Girl = Brace Face! Whoo Hoo!

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#4 Post by nahky »

Theres a constant smile pasted across my ortho's face. Hes always happy. ALways. kinda freaks me out :lol:

Dont see him enough to love him, but nice to know i can ask him anything i want and not feel intimidated...
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

jcdamon3

#5 Post by jcdamon3 »

I LOVE MY ORTHO :heart:

And he keeps asking me if I love my braces. Uh...
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

ssfw

#6 Post by ssfw »

The two orthodontists in my ortho's office are the greatest! They are always kind, professional and I feel I can ask them any questions and not feel like I am taking up too much of their time. I feel so fortunate that they are my orthodontists. The assistants and support staff are just as great! They have about 10 assistants and I have met about 4 and they have been wonderful. I think these are the main reasons I am having such a positive attitude about my orthodontic treatment. They really make the patients their priority. Even if there is an emergency, they will do their best to get you in the same day. I truly feel it is just as important to get along with the assistants and support staff as it is getting along with the orthodontists.

Yes, I have read on quite a few posts that people either don't like their ortho, assistant, etc.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

Tiffchelle

#7 Post by Tiffchelle »

So far, I have to say that I am very pleased with my ortho. He even gave me great parting gifts - a cd and a dvd of gospel music videos. For the most part, the assistants seem nice. Maybe I'm weird, but I am SO looking forward to April 4th when the braces go on!

paw655

cynic

#8 Post by paw655 »

Wow, I wish I lived where you guys do. I'm trying to decide between the lesser of two evils, and I mean that rather seriously, before I commit to treatment.

Neither listened to me, neither offered me time for questions, they just looked in my mouth and came up with treatment plans +/- $100 from $7,200 for 24 months in braces with retainers.

Even if I walk away, the area I live in has so many families that some parent will come in with their teen and gladly pay $7,200, so it doesn't really matter to them if I "take" or not.

Kittysopretty

#9 Post by Kittysopretty »

I have 2 orthos (they are partners) and I can't decide WHO I love more! Both have worked on me and they are amazing which is why I am fine paying more than I probably need to.

They are also considered THE orthos to go to in my town. Fab reps.

Way Too Old For This

#10 Post by Way Too Old For This »

I am very please with the three orthos in the practice that I go to. Its only been a little over 6 months but I do believe one of them is becoming my favorite. Not because of how nice he is, because all three are, but he is more agressive in treatment, and I like thinking things are moving along.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

Way Too Old For This

Re: cynic

#11 Post by Way Too Old For This »

paw655 wrote:Wow, I wish I lived where you guys do. I'm trying to decide between the lesser of two evils, and I mean that rather seriously, before I commit to treatment.

Neither listened to me, neither offered me time for questions, they just looked in my mouth and came up with treatment plans +/- $100 from $7,200 for 24 months in braces with retainers.

Even if I walk away, the area I live in has so many families that some parent will come in with their teen and gladly pay $7,200, so it doesn't really matter to them if I "take" or not.
Wow, that does seem excessive. Is that US $ ? My treatment for approximately 30 months is $5,500. They told me usually they don't ever charge more than their estimate unless the patient doesn't do their part by wearing elastics, etc., and treatment takes excessively longer than expected.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

paw655

#12 Post by paw655 »

Yes, the braces quotes were $7,200 USD but I am in metropolitan Washington, DC, so everything gets marked up around here.

I did get a quote of $5,600 but that was from the ignorant ortho who discriminated because of the bipolar. Too bad, though.

Samantha08

#13 Post by Samantha08 »

nahky wrote:Theres a constant smile pasted across my ortho's face. Hes always happy. ALways. kinda freaks me out :lol:

Dont see him enough to love him, but nice to know i can ask him anything i want and not feel intimidated...
LOL he sounds just like mine!! Mine creeps me out, he's like a clown because he constantly has a smile on his face haha!
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

Samantha08

#14 Post by Samantha08 »

nahky wrote:Theres a constant smile pasted across my ortho's face. Hes always happy. ALways. kinda freaks me out :lol:

LOL he sounds just like mine!! Mine creeps me out, he's like a clown because he constantly has a smile on his face haha!

Samantha08

#15 Post by Samantha08 »