braced today

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

zbbelgium

braced today

#1 Post by zbbelgium »

Braced earlier today, not as bad as I thought although I feel my mouth is huge, Came home and my 4 yr old decided to give me a hug to make me feel better and whacked my mouth with his head. Not his fault but has not helped me ease into braces. Teeth very sensitive on upper left and were sore getting braced. rest are ok. I now have the gum ready and the salt washes already underway. 2 years from now seems so far away.

JoeMama

#2 Post by JoeMama »

Congratulations zbbelgium!

And I hear you about the 2 years thing... Seems like forever. BUT now you're one day closer to your goal. Best wishes!
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

2 years is a looonnnnggg way from now! I have the same estimation.

Congrats on getting the braces!! Why did you get braces?

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

jas_2008

#4 Post by jas_2008 »

Hey... I got my braces today too! funny you mentioned "mouth is huge" - that's exactly how I feel. my treatment is estimated at 24-30 months, so you've got company...

akabraces

welcome to the club!

#5 Post by akabraces »

Congrats!

I know what you mean about your mouth feeling huge, but I got my braces last week, and I had a moment today when I was like, "Wow, my braces feel like a normal part/extension of my mouth." You'll get used to it quickly
and then it doesn't feel so weird...

Did you get top and bottom?

Congrats again...and yes, I shudder when I think about my 2 year sentence, but I do believe it will go fast!

*aka

zbbelgium

#6 Post by zbbelgium »

metals top and bottom as my ortho says they work faster and would be more appropriate for my problems. My teeth are crowded but the main reason I went with getting the braces was because of the pains in my head, neck and face. Had SARPE last month, surgery to move jaw next year. Already notice no headaches or cranial pain. Maybe I'm too busy coping with teeth and gum pain!

day 2 and getting addicted to wax!