salad?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

akabraces

salad?

#1 Post by akabraces »

I haven't been eating my veggies too much--

is salad out? Does it get stuck easily???

thanks for any advice!

*aka

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#2 Post by nahky »

Yea sometimes it can be hard. They get stuck in all the little bits. Impossible to get with your tongue. The long stringy vegies for me, make knots around the molar bands, they tie pretty little bow ties impossible to get without going for the finger expedition LOL. NOt the most charming thing to watch, it must be done though, because i cannot be bothered going to the restroom everytime. Just keep a bottle of water handle.
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

jas_2008

#3 Post by jas_2008 »

I've been living on pumpkin soup since the extraction... does this qualify for veggie? my problem is I can't bite well, the bands around the molars were very hard to put on because of the "wild shape" of my teeth, so that's the best my ortho could do. I feel biting on metal. don't know if this will change as treatment goes along...

Way Too Old For This

#4 Post by Way Too Old For This »

nahky wrote:Yea sometimes it can be hard. They get stuck in all the little bits. Impossible to get with your tongue. The long stringy vegies for me, make knots around the molar bands, they tie pretty little bow ties impossible to get without going for the finger expedition LOL. NOt the most charming thing to watch, it must be done though, because i cannot be bothered going to the restroom everytime. Just keep a bottle of water handle.
I think the "finger expedition" remark is hilarious!

Yep, that lettuce sure is strong stuff! I eat it anyway. Even the waterpik has trouble getting it out though. The other day hubby stuffed celery with cream cheese and commented because I didn't eat any..... I looked at it and imagined that celery intertwined hopelessly around all my brackets, but, I thought what the heck. I cut it up pretty small....it was pretty yummy.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

mtbrncofn

#5 Post by mtbrncofn »

Oooo, salad's a bad one for getting tangled up in stuff. You can be picking lettuce out of your teeth for a couple of days. All the things that get stuck never bothered me much. If I wanted it, darnit I was having it!
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

Leslie022

#6 Post by Leslie022 »

Capsicum? What in the world is capsicum?
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Raspberry

#7 Post by Raspberry »

You can always have vegetable juice. Like v8...

No worries about things getting stuck there.

If you have clear ligs drink it with a straw so it doesn't stain them.

Leslie022

#8 Post by Leslie022 »

oh ok...I wonder why I've never heard of them before? Could be that I'm not a big pepper person...
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Flora2006

#9 Post by Flora2006 »

It's funny because I was thinking about how much I wanted a salad the other day! I can't imagine trying to eat one though. I have a fear of choking (for good reasons) and I just can't see how I would be able to chew one, especially since my teeth aren't really touching...

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Way Too Old For This

#10 Post by Way Too Old For This »

KK wrote:It's like a large pepper ... but not hot ... I grow green ones that turn red as they mature, and purple ones. They're great to eat raw or cooked like in a stirfry.

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgu ... D%26sa%3DN
Hope that helps ... it's a huge link ... just hope it goes to the pic I was looking at! :banana:
Ahh....we call those "Bell Peppers". I love them, they taste like summer.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

missing_tooth

#11 Post by missing_tooth »

Just head on over to the off topic forums and check out the offical food thread. I posted a pic of a beautiful salad. I eat them with out an problems.

- Missing Tooth -

lionfish

#12 Post by lionfish »

I'm a big salad fan. My favourite is a mix of lettuces, sprouts, canned artichokes and smoked salmon chunks tossed together, and dressed with oil, vinegar and mustard.

Sure, it requires a little more application to remove remnants - particularly the sprouts - from the hardware, but it can be done.