Ewww, help! Gums growing over palate expander!?????

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lainey

Ewww, help! Gums growing over palate expander!?????

#1 Post by lainey »

I'm 2 months into my braces and everything has been going well so far - but this morning I woke up and the roof of my mouth was very sore round the palate expander. I can't get a look at it obviously, but feeling it with my tongue it seems as if one side has kind of sunk into the skin and is now almost covered over. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this?!
I have my 2nd appointment at the ortho on Friday and I'm worried it's going to really hurt when he takes it out and replaces it.

Will

#2 Post by Will »

yeah, i've experienced this before.... it goes away after you get your expander removed

if it's really bothering you, have your ortho adjust it somehow
Braces On: 11/1/05
Braces Off: ???