How many adjustments?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

zUrA22

How many adjustments?

#1 Post by zUrA22 »

Hello guys...

I'm a 2 week brace gal. :lol:
I'm wearing the traditional metal for upper and lower,and roughly how many adjustment do we need before we complete the treatment?
i LOOOve my Braces.....

momof2grlz

#2 Post by momof2grlz »

My treatment time was originally scheduled for 24 months and my adjustments are scheduled approx. every 8 weeks. So that would make approx. 12 adjustments. But there have been a couple of 6 week adjustments thrown in and my sentence has been extended, so who knows how many adjustments I'll have before I'm finished.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

caryca

#3 Post by caryca »

my ortho said, 1,5 year and 16 adjustments.... I'm 9 months into the treatment and I am after 9 adjustments, but I am not sure if I am on schedule or not.... :roll:
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

Dark_angel

#4 Post by Dark_angel »

My estimated treatment time was 18 months and with an adjutment every 7 weeks i make that 12 adjustments. By the time i hit the 6 month mark (soon) i'll be waiting for my 4th adjustment. I hope im done ontime because then for my 19th birthday i'll be having my braces off.

Samantha08

#5 Post by Samantha08 »

Hey there :) I have been estimated at about 18 months, and I have adjustments every 8 weeks. So I have about 9 adjustments total, and Im going to my 5th one on April 27th. :) It really just depends on how long you are going to have them on and how often you go to the ortho.
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

Flora2006

#6 Post by Flora2006 »

My estimation is 24 months and my adjustments are every 4 weeks. So 24 adjustments...

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

cookie

#7 Post by cookie »

My ortho has never given me an estimation of duration of treatment, but I saw my file last time, and it said 18 visits for treatment - I've been in braces 15.5 months now, and have had 12 visits. Working on the basis that I am having adjustments every 5 weeks just now, I have 6 visits and 4 months left.
Ceramic top braces 14 Dec 2004, Ceramic top braces OFF 2 Jun 2006
Metal bottom braces 26 Apr 2005