Oral sex, kissing, and bite turbos :?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

alwayshungry

Oral sex, kissing, and bite turbos :?

#1 Post by alwayshungry »

hi everybody,

i've just gotten my upper and lower braces *and* a bite turbo behind my upper front tooth a couple weeks ago, and i'm kind of worried about the topics i've mentioned.

my fiance has been totally supportive, but i'm seeing him in a week after 8 months of being away from each other and i'm freaking out that kissing and oral sex might be...um...well, not good for him because of the bite turbo (i've read the other posts about the braces not really affecting kissing, so the bite turbo thing is the only other topic to address i guess).

has anybody had any similar experiences or concerns? :?

Bianca

#2 Post by Bianca »

I have a TPA, which is a wire which runs along the roof of my mouth connecting my back upper molars.

It does impact... ahem... other things, but we have adjusted so that it's not so bad. Really - in a loving relationship almost anything can be adjusted to, it might take some practice but that's half the fun anyways!

:)

It's a two year process.......

Will

#3 Post by Will »

this thread made me laugh :lol: :lol:
Braces On: 11/1/05
Braces Off: ???

SamanthaClavier

#4 Post by SamanthaClavier »

i have an expander (roof of my mouth that i have to turn with a key) its hasnt affected anything,so i wouldnt think you would have problems either.i have no idea what a turbo thing is :(

alwayshungry

#5 Post by alwayshungry »

Samantha,

you can check out this
article on bite turbos. in my case, though, it looks like they put cement over it (like i said, i only have one, thank God :D)

i know, it's pretty funny. but hey, after eight months of no action and then this....can't blame me for being apprehensive, right?

thanks for the supportive posts, though, Bianca and Samantha :)

NotBob1

#6 Post by NotBob1 »

Ah, heck..... I had to read this one!

So I invested in a set of those comfort covers. They work great. My wife will not let me near her unless I am wearing them. She's OK with kissing, just not everything else.

So those bite turbo things...what exactly do they do? Do you hook elastics to them? It looks like they have a lip to hold an elastic.....
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

alwayshungry

#7 Post by alwayshungry »

nah, they're an alternative to a bite plate (i've seen a site call it a bite plane so i dunno which one's the right spelling).

i've got a pretty big overbite, so by placing that behind my tooth, my lower teeth are prevented from making a deep bite. also, it helps me not damage the lower brackets :D

DichCa

#8 Post by DichCa »

this is something i've been thinking about too. :? I'm going to a pub with my friend soon, for the first time with braces. I know this may sound kind of dumb and I do realize that, but imagine someone comes by to talk and I flash them a nice shiny smile. I know that if they care about the fact that you have braces, they're not worth it...but nevertheless, does anyone have positive or negative experience in this sort of situation?
-Noone can make you feel inferior without your consent-

alwayshungry

#9 Post by alwayshungry »

i've actually been told that they're cute, so your first thought is really what you should go with--if they judge you easily because of your braces, they're not worth it :)

then again, if they're too interested about it, i'd be a little bit concerned as well :lol:

DichCa

#10 Post by DichCa »

lol that's so true...never know what kind of freaks you will meet. Thanks though....will be flashing my cute metals :D
-Noone can make you feel inferior without your consent-

tcomeau

Thanks for the hint about covers!

#11 Post by tcomeau »

NotBob1 revealed:
So I invested in a set of those comfort covers. They work great. My wife will not let me near her unless I am wearing them. She's OK with kissing, just not everything else.
I was wondering what to do about this problem, so thanks for the recommendation. I just ordered.

My wife is even iffy about kissing, having snagged her tongue on a bracket corner the day I got braced.

My ortho was no help. He kindof shrugged, and said "Well, you just have to be careful." I have the impression that he very rarely got "adult" questions.

Entirely off topic: When my wife had foot surgery, one of the questions she asked was when she could start having sex again after surgery. Her surgeon laughed, and admitted he'd never been asked that question before. (He then went off to do some research.)

:-)

jose

#12 Post by jose »

Lol... But I will try not to be shy.

My wife is ok to kiss with me with Brackets..
But I have also double Hedgear for 8 hrs per day 4 before sleeping and 4 in first 4 hrs of sleep approx...
And it's hard because if I take it out to have sex I will need to recover the time.

Also I love to kiss here also when no sex is done. But with double headgear in, it's really hard and near impossible to doit. Just minimal one are possible.

I did sex once with HG on, and it's was really bad... with no kissing and all that thing in. Never again... It was orrible...

Anyway my wife is permitting me (without headgear) to make oral sex to her with no problem occured.

She told me that I'm cute with my brackets on and she is very supportive with me.

Just be natural and nothing will happen.

Hope it will help you.

Let us know (if you want) if you solve your problem.

Ciao

Jose

33/M/Double HG/Metal Brackets up and down GAC model

Zondrae

#13 Post by Zondrae »

8) very carefully!

Nah it shouldn't be a problem as long as you go slow & don't rush things. Kissing is never a problem for us & my husband is totally supportive of my braces.

Brandyleigh35

#14 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Well perhaps I'm not the norm here but I find since getting braces that I do not enjoy kissing near as much. It has been almost a year since having them and it has definitely curtailed things. The braces are uncomfortable to me when I have to make any kind of suction or apply pressure on the brackets.

Now mind you my husband has been very supportive. In fact he was the one who encouraged me to get braces. He had them for 5 years as a kid with really bad teeth so he knows what it is like and has been very patient.

He is fine with me doing anything, and most everything is possible. It is me that doesn't like it, mostly because it is uncomfortable. The bracket hooks jam into my cheeks, and since I have loops attached to my brackets on the inside I have to be very careful not to do any serious damage. I have found that if I use a ton of wax though, or the basic comfort covers over my brackets that things are fine. It is just more of a hassle to get ready, and sorta takes the spontaniety out of things when you have to plan to prepare your mouth for things. So anyway......it is not that big of a deal to work around, but I find that I sorta avoid it a bit more or use it as an excuse not to engage in those activitys just because I do not find it as enjoyable with braces.

Lisa65

#15 Post by Lisa65 »

Hmm I must admit I can't imagine doing that at the moment, not with the amount of hardware I have in my mouth at the moment - and strangely enough, hubby hasn't asked me to :lol: I think he's scared of being injured!