sweeet! elastics downgrade :)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ren

sweeet! elastics downgrade :)

#1 Post by ren »

Hi!!

I had my appt. yesterday and I don't have to wear 4 elastics 24/7 anymore!!!!!!! I had to wear the behind the teeth ones & another config. I have been downgraded to wearing a less strength elastic and ONLY wear them while sleeping!! I'm so excited about this! I no longer have to take them out to eat, carry them around, and put them back in :)

Also, I asked if I still would need headgear and he said we might be able to avoid it!! I really needed these bits of good news!!

Ren :banana: :jump: :rawk: :thumbsup:

shinyam

#2 Post by shinyam »

:P

mtbrncofn

#3 Post by mtbrncofn »

Lucky!

Good for you, Ren.

I guess I never really had a downgrade. I did get wearing them downgraded to only at night, but at the same time, he slapped one on both sides and increased the strength of them!
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

ren

#4 Post by ren »

Hi everyone, thanks for the "woohoo's!"-it's appreciated!! I'm hoping everyone else can be downgraded too-it's a wonderful feeling. I've had soo many firsts...like first meal without having to take them out, etc etc. I'm just ecstatic about this because up to this point it's been one annoying thing to deal with after another!

Next thing on the list that would be WONDERFUL would be (you know what I'm going to say shinyam!) the dreaded expander!

ren

shinyam

#5 Post by shinyam »

lol. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, ren! :lol: