Do u brush before eating breakfast ?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wearetheborg

Do u brush before eating breakfast ?

#1 Post by wearetheborg »

I used to always brush before breakfast, but since getting braces I think its more prudent to brush afterwards. I dont see any point in brushing before breakfast. What do u guys do ?

swellen

#2 Post by swellen »

Even before I had braces I always brushed my teeth first thing in the morning, usually in the shower. Since I've had a retainer it's been even more necessary since clear (Essix) retainers seem to collect morning breath! Ick.

I'm getting lazy about it now but when I had braces I would clean before breakfast (for morning breath) and after (for muesli bits).

ingyandbert

#3 Post by ingyandbert »

I don't see the point of brushing before breakfast if you're going to eat right away. I eat breakfast at the office so I brush before I leave home. But on weekends I rinse my mouth with water before breakfast and then brush afterwards.

kirst1583

#4 Post by kirst1583 »

I can't imagine brushing before breakfast!
The toothpaste would just make whatever I was eating taste disgusting.

OneTime

#5 Post by OneTime »

I would brush after breakfast.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

Idislikebraces

#6 Post by Idislikebraces »

Call me nasty but I dont brush before breakfast! Like someone said above it would make everything taste nasty! And whats the point if ur gonna have to brush right after ne ways! :?
August 10, 2005
Ceramic Uppers and Metal Bottoms!
A few months later a Nance Appliance.
anddd nowwww:
De bonding on October 23, 2007!

MadeIn1984

#7 Post by MadeIn1984 »

I've always brushed after breakfast. It just makes more sense to me. What I do do before having breakfast is swish my mouth out with some warm water or listerine, just to freshen up a little bit, but I do it again anyway after I brush. 8)
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

missingu

Both

#8 Post by missingu »

Both - but that's because there is a time lag. I feel better after brushing, it kind of wakes me up, so I brush right after I shower after I get up. I usually don't eat until about an hour after I am up, so it's pretty routine to brush after I eat, too.

Snacks, however, tend to get past me and my trusty toothbrush.

KJM

#9 Post by KJM »

This is a funny subject, my daughter often spends the night at the neighbors house and they ALWAYS have to brush before eating (breakfast, lunch and dinner) Her mom tells my daughter that not brushing before you eat is GROSS! ( essentially she thinks you are eating the plaque buildup... kinda gross when you think about it that way) LOL

We brush after eating breakfast in the morning. OJ and toothpaste don't mix very well imo. LOL :lol:
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

phanta

#10 Post by phanta »

I brush before breakfast with a very mild toothpaste that doesn't leave any strong taste (Jason Oral Comfort in Berry Mint). It's very very mild.

Idislikebraces

#11 Post by Idislikebraces »

KJM wrote:This is a funny subject, my daughter often spends the night at the neighbors house and they ALWAYS have to brush before eating (breakfast, lunch and dinner) Her mom tells my daughter that not brushing before you eat is GROSS! ( essentially she thinks you are eating the plaque buildup... kinda gross when you think about it that way) LOL

We brush after eating breakfast in the morning. OJ and toothpaste don't mix very well imo. LOL :lol:
Actually....I like OJ after I brush my teeth...lol It tastes kinda good...haha wow. :lol: :shock:
August 10, 2005
Ceramic Uppers and Metal Bottoms!
A few months later a Nance Appliance.
anddd nowwww:
De bonding on October 23, 2007!

Flora2006

#12 Post by Flora2006 »

I brush after breakfast because I use mouthwash where you can't eat or drink for 30 minutes after you have used the mouthwash...

But if I don't plan on eating, than I'll just brush right away.

Like many have said, its kind of a waste of time to brush before breakfast if your going to eat right after and than have to brush again...i'd go mad lol

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

DichCa

#13 Post by DichCa »

lol this is a funny topic. I brush both, before and after breakfast. I always brush right when I wake up, because it wakes me up and i hate it when you walk around the house in the morning, making your breakfast or whatever, and then talk to someone who's breath is ruining your appetite AND any sort of willingness to communicate with that person. AGh therefore, i decide to be the fresh one in the morning. I also brush after breakfast, for obvious reasons. :lol:
-Noone can make you feel inferior without your consent-

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#14 Post by nahky »

Too much build up of morning breath, so i do. I ahve a quick brush, not a detailed brush. Just enough to make me fresh and awake. then a good rinse.
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

wearetheborg

#15 Post by wearetheborg »

KK wrote:
I don't brush before any meals ... this morning one is just to freshen my mouth after a night of ...
I thought u were gonna go in a different direction on this
:GapToothed: