You are invited.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tofino

You are invited.

#1 Post by tofino »

Hi.

I would like to share my progress with you.
Please feel free to click in and take a look.

http://karlrove.ca/dental/compare.html

Cheers

Glen

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

Amazing progress Glen. So much movement!!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

samantha_lou

#3 Post by samantha_lou »

Thats really incredible progress Glen, your smile is looking fantastic! :D

OneTime

#4 Post by OneTime »

Looks great.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

ssfw

#5 Post by ssfw »

Hi Glen,

What progress - your teeth look great! How much longer do you have to wear your braces? I bet you are so glad you picked up the phone and made the appointment. I'm that way too - usually after I make an appointment for something I have been thinking about for a long time, I feel so much better - it's taking that first step.

Keep us posted on your progress.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

Diona

#6 Post by Diona »

Congratulations Glen - that is fantastic progress :jump:

tofino

Thanks

#7 Post by tofino »

Hi and thanks, ssfw and others.

In answer to your question I was braced in late June 2005. This July/August I will have mandibular advancement surgery for functional (Class II) and cosmetic reasons (deficient mandible). My orthodontists tell me that I will need braces for three to eight months post-surgery, followed by bonded lower retainer and 24/7 upper retainer wear for one year, followed by lifetime upper retainer usage.

In 10 days they are adding brackets to my lower 2nd molars.

Leslie022

#8 Post by Leslie022 »

I am studying to become a teacher and I knew I would never be able to do it unless I had braces first. I love children for their honesty and curiosity. My teeth have always been a topic of choice among little kids. You're so brave...much more brave than I!!! You're teeth are looking great! You've had some very nice movement!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

ingyandbert

#9 Post by ingyandbert »

Absolutely awesome! Your teeth are just beautiful after only 9 months of treatment. Amazing.

NotBob1

#10 Post by NotBob1 »

Hi Tofino! (One of my favorite areas up there, btw)

I understand completely how this came to fruition. I, too, one day just said "I have to do something about this, researched a few orthodontists on line, chose one and just did it. I'm glad I did.......

Good progress pics.....Amazing, actually.
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

hannah164

#11 Post by hannah164 »

Amazing progress Tofino! Absolutely gorgeous! especially in such a short amount of time, I've probably seen about as much progress in almost 2 years! Then again I'm a very complexicated case! :roll: Congratulations! :thumbsup: :dance: :-#) HEcka jealous but in a good way! :wink:

Keep up the amazing progress!

~Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment: February 28, 2006 where they gave me a new bottom wire and attached my impacted canine, newly bracketed, to the wire! OUCH!

tofino

If I had a million dollars.

#12 Post by tofino »

Hi.

Leslie022: Recently at my school we were visited by the well-known motivational speaker David Roche (you may have seen him on CNN - the fellow born without half his face). Watching the level of respect granted to him by the students, my own self-awareness seemed trivial. I still like having braces, though!

NotBob1: Tofino is where I surf, and one of my favourite places too.

Hannah164: Thank you. Once the push-spring had moved the canine out of the way, watching my crazy-wacked lower lateral incisor move into place in under 40 hours was one of the most amazing things I've seen!

If I had a million dollars I'd set up a fund for teens whose parents can't afford braces. But that gives me an idea... why aren't braces covered by Canadian provincial public insurance? Changes begin with a single person - maybe it's time to make some noise!

Cheers

Glen