I'm braced! (Mostly . . .)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tiffchelle

I'm braced! (Mostly . . .)

#1 Post by Tiffchelle »

Hello!
I just got back from my braces appointment! It went really well, and I felt very prepared, which definitely helped. I am not having too much in the way of discomfort right now and I feel really positive. It is a little weird feeling the brackets under your lips for the first time, and I know it will take a little getting used to, but I am so pleased that I have finally done this.

The only problem I had was that my back molars were still too tight to fit the metal bands. So, it's back in spacers for another 2 weeks. :x I got ceramics up top, and metals on the bottom. I was feeling fun, and I went with pink ligs up top, and pink and teal on the bottom. The assistant must have been feeling fun as well, because she got all artsy with the bottom ones and so each bracket has both colors (still trying to figure out exactly what she did - looks great though). The pink looks really good on the ceramic brackets, and from a little distance away, they are not even noticeable. I got a goody bag full of so much stuff, I feel like it's Christmas! I wish my husband was here to see me (he's deployed with the air force and won't be back until May) but it sure helps to have this board to vent to!

Anyhow, my best wishes to everyone who is soon to be braced, thinking about getting braced, or braced already!

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

Hi!
Good to hear that all went well with your braces:) The lig color selection sounds great :lol:

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Saycheesenikki

#3 Post by Saycheesenikki »

Hey Tiffchelle-

Congrats!!! Your on your way to a B-E-A-U-Ti-ful smile. Its so exciting to hear you had a great appointment. I'm so happy for you. How are you feeling today? I hope you are doing well. My bestest wishes to you on your journey & I look forward to hearing your about your progress. SAY CHEESE! :D
Nikki
3/28/06 8 Spacers
4/6/06 Fully Braced(Ceramics)
7/11/06 3rd Adjustment

Don't Frown. You never know who's falling in love with your smile.

Tiffchelle

#4 Post by Tiffchelle »

Thanks to you both for your kind words. It sure helps to have this forum where people care and can relate to how you feel. I feel alright today, a little sore. Last night, I put wax on each and every bracket, because they were really starting to rub, and I woke up rather comfortable. After being up, I began to feel a little soreness, and my bottom teeth are feeling really sensitive. Otherwise, everything is pretty good. Of course, I can't stop looking at them in the mirror. I've got lots of mirrors, and every time I pass one, I end up spending a few minutes there, just inspecting things. I'm sure I'll get over that and these braces will just become a part of who I am.

Nikki, best wishes for your brace day tomorrow! Are you gonna get colored ligs with your ceramics up top? You must be really excited! Hope you enjoy a wonderful last meal! Let us know how it goes for you!

~Tiffany