did this happen with your spacers?!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

meesoo100

did this happen with your spacers?!

#1 Post by meesoo100 »

it's been a long time now when i had them taken out, but when you guys had your spacers in and then your ortho took them out of your mouth after theyd been there for a week or so, did they smell disgusting? like...of food or bad breath. i remember when i had mine in my mouth and then they were taking out, my mouth smelt really gross for a few minutes and then it went away. this might just be me being super weird right now, but did any of you guys get that???

Svensk Tiger

#2 Post by Svensk Tiger »

No, this didn't happen to me, but you maybe got a piece of food stuck under one of them or something? I would imagine it's probably not that unusual as you can't floss in between teeth with spacers in.
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

Indy

#3 Post by Indy »

I agree with Svensk Tiger, you probably had some food stuck in there. I've heard other people talk about how their breath was bad and then they realized food was in there :) That is why waterpics are great!!

meesoo100

#4 Post by meesoo100 »

eewww that's gross isnt it!? well i'm glad i dont have those anymore. hehe.
thanks guys

OneTime

#5 Post by OneTime »

No, didn't happen to me....

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

airxjordan24

#6 Post by airxjordan24 »

haha that happened to me. it had a weird stench to it.. lol
1/21/06 - spacers and brackets