Has anyone tried Good Vibrations or Bite Wafers for pain?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

straighter-teeth

Has anyone tried Good Vibrations or Bite Wafers for pain?

#1 Post by straighter-teeth »

I am going to be getting braces in a few weeks and have seen the bite wafers for sale and also a thing called Good Vibrations that are supposed to help with the pain. Has anyone used either of these?

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

I think I have a bite wafer. I used it a couple of times.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

straighter-teeth

#3 Post by straighter-teeth »

Do you think it helped biting on the wafer or was it no good?

Tiffchelle

#4 Post by Tiffchelle »

My ortho's office gave me a bite wafer when I got spacers in and when the braces went on. I used it when the spacers were really bothering me, and I found it to be rather soothing. I got braced yesterday, and while I still have spacers :x I haven't had the need to use the bite wafer. The assistant who helped me yesterday kept telling me that as soon as I left the office I should start biting on it to head off the pain, but I didn't, and I have been fine. You may find it soothing. Hope that helps!

~Tiffany

jcdamon3

#5 Post by jcdamon3 »

Yes, I think the bite wafers help. But I also think chewing on food helps too. It actually feels good to me after an adjustment so I try not to baby my teeth too much. I know it sounds weird.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

straighter-teeth

#6 Post by straighter-teeth »

thanks for the info ... :D

rangerchic

hmm

#7 Post by rangerchic »

I have been told that chewing gum, sugarless after an adjustment helps.....well I know that it does help too! I have a vibrating toothbrush that helps too! I did not do it this time and OMG I am stil hurting from Monday!

RC