I've joined the club

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SapphireJen

I've joined the club

#1 Post by SapphireJen »

Hi there - well I finally did it and I have you all to thank for it!
I had been reading this site for about four months and after a lot of research and consults (I saw six different orthos/dentists)I finally had enought guts to go and get my braces on the 24th March - so it has been just over two weeks now.

The first few days were a little bit painful but since then all has been ok....No progress yet, just horribly stained ligs to show for my two weeks(and after being so careful too) :shock:

I have sapphires on top and metal on bottom and have been given an approx two year 'sentence' so I'm very glad to be able to share the journey with you all.

I have a crossbite on my two top canines and crowded lowers. The ortho gave me an option of extraction, but since I like my facial profile, I am going to try the non-extractions method, and see how I go.

Here are pics of my teeth on my first day of braces -

Look forward to getting to know you all :lol:

missingu

#2 Post by missingu »

Agreed - beautiful teeth! Braces will hopefully enhance your smile, but I hope you are proud now cuz I'd be.

How do extractions change a profile? I have been told I have to have a lower front tooth (don't know technical name) extracted in order to correct spacing on uppers but underbite lower. What would an extraction have done to your profile (now I'm worried...).

Welcome aboard.

shaynesgirl

#3 Post by shaynesgirl »

Hello to a fellow Aussie, and one with beautiful white teeth at that :D

Congratulations on your decision to be braced, I am going into Day 5 and looking forward to feeling more in sync with my braces.
35 yr-old mother of 2
Braced 5/4/06
Ceramic Uppers
Metal Lowers

SapphireJen

#4 Post by SapphireJen »

Thanks everyone for all your positive comments! I have hated my teeth for years, so it will be great when they are finally aligned.
How do extractions change a profile? I have been told I have to have a lower front tooth (don't know technical name) extracted in order to correct spacing on uppers but underbite lower. What would an extraction have done to your profile (now I'm worried...).
I'm sure it is not the same case for everyone - but in my case, apparently I have enough room in my jaw for all my teeth to fit. It is just up to me whether I want to bring my teeth slightly back or not. Since that was not a concern for me, I was happy to leave them as they were.
Don't be worried, I'm sure your orthodontist would have told you if there were going to be any major changes to your appearance

Flora2006

#5 Post by Flora2006 »

Hi and welcome.

I agree with everyone else, your teeth are amazing. Congrats on getting the braces. I have a canine in a crossbite position as well. It's getting aligned and its the most exciting thing!

:)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

OneTime

#6 Post by OneTime »

Your welcome. btw welcome to the club. your teeth look so nice.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08