Officially a brace face!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blondie111

Officially a brace face!!

#1 Post by blondie111 »

Hello everyone! I'm Heather, I'm 32 and just got braced this morning! So far so good... I'm not in any pain YET, even having 9 spacers put in! But I am high on Ibuprofen, so maybe that helps. I did the clear ceramics on the top, and metal on bottom, and will probably need bands eventually. I have been wanting to do this for sooooo long, and really, to be honest, this website has been a great motivation for me to do this, so thanks for all your questions and answers! Once I figure out how to do it, I will post some pictures.

So happy to be a brace face finally!! :BigTeethGrin:

KJM

#2 Post by KJM »

Congrats Heather!! Remember the first week is the hardest- so make sure you have plenty of ibuprofin, drink lots of water, and use as much wax as you feel you need!! :)

I agree with you about this board, it definitely helped me to make the decision ( and feel comfortable about it!!) It has been over 8 months since I was braced and I still visit the boards atleast once a day! :)

Congrats on the start of your journey! :banana:
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

Hi Heather,

Congrats on getting your braces. I'm glad the braces and spacers aren't causing you too much trouble. Remember that once you get off the pain killers ;) and you start feeling soreness inside your mouth, use your wax. Also don't forget to rinse your mouth with a table spoon of salt in a cup of warm water...it will make your mouth feel better.

I agree, this board is amazing!! :) It's a great community.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted with how everything is going with your braces.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Joual

#4 Post by Joual »

Congratulations Heather! I agree that this web site is great motivation. I decided to get braced by an ortho I saw about 10 days ago. I can't wait to get the braces on. I'm happy for you that your anticipation is over!

OneTime

#5 Post by OneTime »

Welcome to the club.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

Saycheesenikki

#6 Post by Saycheesenikki »

Congrats on getting braced Heather. Yes this board is absolutely amazing. All the questions & concerns under the sun. We are all in this together :wink: Take it easy Soft foods advil & KiwiKs' remedy of Saltwater rinse. The worst part is over. May you have a smooth sailing :D Smile!
3/28/06 8 Spacers
4/6/06 Fully Braced(Ceramics)
7/11/06 3rd Adjustment

Don't Frown. You never know who's falling in love with your smile.

Samantha08

#7 Post by Samantha08 »

Hey Heather! I'm Sam! Welcome to the board! Its such a great support system, you will love it here! Congrats on getting braces :) How long are you in for?
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

blondie111

#8 Post by blondie111 »

Thanks for all your support guys! My mouth is doing fairly well today, my actual teeth don't really hurt that much, but the brackets are cutting the inside of my mouth pretty good. I've been using wax like a mad woman! I will try the salt water tonight.

Sam, I'm in for 18-24 months, if everything goes according to plan!