ELASTICS--HEADACHES????

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MATEO'S

ELASTICS--HEADACHES????

#1 Post by MATEO'S »

ok i got my first adjustment on tuesday. thay change my archwire on top and bottom, give me a powertrain on the front top teeth 6 of them, then they put on the elastics on both sides on the mouth in the shape of a triangle. :shock: then the tech :( tell me that i would have a headache. ok i thought then she said the whole time im wearing them i would have a headache. now i have to wear them 24/7...so has anyone the elastics and headache if so how long did they last..because i have had a headache since tuesday the day of my adjustment. :oops: thanks mateo's

mtbrncofn

#2 Post by mtbrncofn »

Sure did. I had these tension headaches for about 3 days after initially getting my elastics. Like everything else you go through with braces, you eventually get used to it, and the headaches do go away.
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

NuckingFuts

#3 Post by NuckingFuts »

I luckily didn't have any headaches, it's been over a week now and I barely notice them

MATEO'S

#4 Post by MATEO'S »

thanks for your replies. i started feeling better today. but bad news in-laws are coming to tomorrow lol so i guess i need more tynenlol.. :shock: mateo's

ren

#5 Post by ren »

hi MATEO'S!
Yep, I still get headaches from them & I only have to wear them at night when I'm sleeping (after about 6-7 months of wearing different config's 24/7)....I had a headache for about 1-2 weeks after each adjustment...then every now and then certain sides of my head would hurt. Hang in there-I've had to wear 4 elastic at once 24/7-the pain was immense-but the progress of your bite will be 100% worth it. I know that the hardest part for me is just getting through it and trying not to think about it too much-which is hard!
good luck
Renee