why not all at once??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Missingorigin

why not all at once??

#1 Post by Missingorigin »

When i got my braces about a month and 1/2 ago, they only put on the top onces and told me they would put on the bottoms ones in 6-9 months. Does anyone know why they do this?

perfectangel818

#2 Post by perfectangel818 »

My ortho told me it is because the top will take longer. I have 3-4 months until my bottoms will go on.
Stacy

Azalin

#3 Post by Azalin »

I had my bottom braces put on four months before the top ones, and the top ones seem to be progressing better. But it might be because I had to wear a palatal expander for 6 months.

JoeMama

#4 Post by JoeMama »

Yes - KK is right, ask your ortho for the best answer. My unprofessional understanding is that sometimes a of set of teeth need a little more work in the beginning – or better put, a head start. I've noticed that quite a few of the posters on this board have their tops and bottoms put on at different times, so I assume it's pretty normal. Your ortho should be able to tell you why, so if it's bothering you, you should ask them.
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

Missingorigin

#5 Post by Missingorigin »

Thanks, I forgot to ask my ortho when I got them put on. I have my next adjustment may 2, so ill ask him. I was just wondering.

celiviel

#6 Post by celiviel »

Also sometimes it's necessary to move things around in one arch to make it viable tp brace the other, I think.
That was the explanation my ortho gave me for putting my tops and bottoms on at different times. She said my bite needed to be opened up before she could get the bottoms on. During the course of alignment, one of my top teeth started coming down further and would be hitting my bottom bracket if she hadn't opened up my bite first.

Flora2006

#7 Post by Flora2006 »

The only reason my ortho decided not to put my lower ones at the same time as my top was because my lower don't need to much work...so he wanted my top arch to catch up with my lower arch. I'm getting my lower teeth braced next week and I am already stressing so much about it!! :shock:

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

hannah164

#8 Post by hannah164 »

My ortho waited almost 18 months to put on my lower braces! :shock: I think it was because of my deep bite and all the work that had to be done with my upper arch with my impacted teeth and everything! :? If you really want to know, asking your ortho is probably a smart thing to do! :wink:

~HAnnah :frogbraces:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05