1st non-adjustment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TracyJean

1st non-adjustment

#1 Post by TracyJean »

I had my first adjustment today - or rather, I didn't have my first adjustment. I discussed with the ortho the options for brackets on my bottom teeth (speed bumps and the lower brackets go on 17 May, plus the Dr. wants to rebond one of the brackets on my upper teeth), he looked at my teeth and that was it. Is it unusual to go in for an adjustment and not have anything done?
TracyJean

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

This happens yeah.

So far, I've always had my ligs changed and a new wire tie put on or tighten...but that's it...I got a little powerchain last time but for 2 adjustments, all I had was a lig change.

It all depends on what your ortho is trying to do...so yeah it is totally normal that nothing is really done. You'll probably have something changed next time.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Samantha08

#3 Post by Samantha08 »

I dont think its too unusual. I remember one of my first adjustments was just me going in there, changing ligs, and leaving. I was in and out in about 20 minutes tops. I was sort of confused, and was hoping more would have happened. But hey, they know what they are doing, hopefully lol!
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

TracyJean

#4 Post by TracyJean »

And I don't have ligs, so I didn't even get that done.
TracyJean

newbie82

my first

#5 Post by newbie82 »

Don't worry my first adjustment was...well a "tinker under the hood" nothing got changed he just screwed this pullled that then that was it. I was quite shocked but on my last one everything was changed. My third adjustment is soon and I am guessing everything will be changed again.