I'm a Newbie

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

New2Braces

I'm a Newbie

#1 Post by New2Braces »

Hey there!
I'm Stacey, and I'm 23 years old, from Australia
I've always had problems with my teeth and now that I have a job and secure money, I decided a trip to the ortho was in order
One look at my terrible teeth and he said I was going to need braces
I wasn't surprised.
I have to have 8 fillings first, then have the Xrays, and I know I'll definitely need some teeth taken out.
I'm a bit scared, but I've always been a bit wimpy :lol:
I have some great people who have been giving me advice about braces
I was soooo happy to discover there was actually a forum to help me as well
I would love to start a diary when all my treatment starts :winks:

Love,
Stace xox

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

G'day Stace,

I'm in Aussie too, nice to see another antipodean on the Board.

Good luck with the fillings (get a needle if you're nervous) and the extractions.

Don't worry about the braces. They're not nearly as bad as we think they're going to be. And you'll find plenty of support on this wonderful Board.

New2Braces

#3 Post by New2Braces »

Thank you for the welcome
I'm lucky, I have a very nice dentist who knows I'm a nervous person
He tells me what he's about to do before he does anything
But the ortho is a little different tho :?

perfectangel818

#4 Post by perfectangel818 »

Hey, I'm Stacy also. But I'm 24 in the USA. Anyway congrats on making the step toward better oral health. You'll be so happy you have. I love my braces, and I'm sure you'll at least come to be accustomed to them.

However, don't assume to get extractions. I was once told by an ortho that I would need 4-8 teeth extracted in addition to 6 (YES six) wisdom teeth plus jaw surgery. Now I'm going to have 0 extractions (not counting one itty bitty wisdom tooth)

But, good luck with your journey!
Stacy

hollywood_smile

#5 Post by hollywood_smile »

HI stace!

take a sit and enjoy! ;) hahahaha!!! :D
we all help eachother!, im just starting with spacers, 2nd time in spacers, but i hope this ends soon lol i want to start with braces soon!

anyways! well be glad to read from you, some of us will learn from your experiences and some will share...anyways ;)

let us know when you start your braces diary!
I sooo Want a hollywood smilee....!!!!
http://hollywoodsmile.blogspot.com/

Flora2006

#6 Post by Flora2006 »

Hi Stacey,

Welcome to the board - everyone here is great :)

I'm 22 from Canada and I've had braces for almost 4 months...getting my bottom ones this monday and I'm getting really scared and nervous!

Good luck with the braces and fillings. I myself had many fillings I had to take care of and it wasn't too bad. After the 3rd appointment or so...I was a pro with the fillings and wasn't even too nervous. My dentist was surprised at how calm I was because I was shaking SO bad during the first few treatment appointments!

How is your ortho? You mentioned that your dentist is great but your ortho is a bit different...how so? It's really important you have an ortho you like and enjoy seeing because braces are a lloooonnngggg commitment ;)

Keep us posted and good luck with everything!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006