Does ortho usually give us any discount?????????

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

poloaa

Does ortho usually give us any discount?????????

#1 Post by poloaa »

I know it is too late cus i forgot to mention about discount when i signed the contract, but i just concern if any of u wil try to negotiate the "price" w/your ortho, will they give u any discount or not??

KJM

#2 Post by KJM »

I didnt get a discount. I even asked if we could get a buy 2 get the 3rd free discount ( lol- I was only kidding, but thought that we might get some sort of discount since my oldest son went there, I am going there and no my youngest son is in phase I) But. alas, they offered no sort of discount.
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

starryadora

#3 Post by starryadora »

I am getting my braces first and then my husband will get orthoclear in the next year or so. My ortho said he can give a something like a 5% or 10% discount.

MATEO'S

#4 Post by MATEO'S »

my did offer a discount. but you have to pay in full. my braces cost $4600 but if i paid it in full i would have been $4100.. :( i should of paid in full.

JoeMama

#5 Post by JoeMama »

I think that getting a discount in the 5-10% range for paying up front is common in the US. My discount was 5% of the total. I was also able to negotiate a lower price. I was given a couple different estimates for treatment (metal, ceramic and Damon) and was able to get the Damons for the ceramic price, which was about another $500 off the original quote. So it never hurts to ask.
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

Flora2006

#6 Post by Flora2006 »

I would have gotten a 5% discount (i think) if I would have pain up front but I'm a student so 5500$ was a bit much to pay all at once.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

susieq182

#7 Post by susieq182 »

I get a referal discount one monthly payment for every person i send to my ortho that gets braces. so in theory if i refer 36 people and they all get braces mine would be free!!!! Dont see that happening oh well
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

Flora2006

#8 Post by Flora2006 »

susieq182 wrote:I get a referal discount one monthly payment for every person i send to my ortho that gets braces. so in theory if i refer 36 people and they all get braces mine would be free!!!! Dont see that happening oh well

Try your hardest! ;)

That would be amazing!
But could you imagine if everyone was able to refer 36 or so people to him?! He would go bankrupt in no time.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

joygoss

#9 Post by joygoss »

I was able to get a 4% discount by paying up front. I also got a discount because my ortho is a preferred provider for my insurance company. Worked out well for me. I only paid $2100 total for treatment and that included a distal jet.

jennielee81

#10 Post by jennielee81 »

My kid's ortho gave us a huge discount on our second kid's braces. She saw the look on my face when she handed me the estimate and then thought for a moment and said they'd call me after they "worked on it" a bit. Then they came back with an offer that was $1,600 less! I didn't even have to ask!

Didn't do the same on the 3rd child's $$. :cry:

My ortho gave me a discount for paying up front.
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

KathleenH

#11 Post by KathleenH »

I received a 5% discount for paying cash up front. It'd have been 3% if I'd used a credit card for full payment. The other ortho I'd consulted didn't offer any discounts.
Kathleen

Surgery survivor

Way Too Old For This

#12 Post by Way Too Old For This »

My daughter got braces about a month after I did. They gave her a 10% "family" discount.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

Brandyleigh35

#13 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

My ortho gives a 5% discount for paying up front which we did, plus you get a 5% discount per person who has had braces. So since I was the third one in my family to get braces we got a 15% discount, plus the 5% for paying up front, so 20%. Even with that they still cost me a lot!

Brandy

Kodius Champion

#14 Post by Kodius Champion »

I could have gotten a 5% discount as well if I paid the lump sum up front.

However, that $8100 wasn't going to show up unless I sold various body parts right then & there! ("Check out this spleen! Hardly used!")

starryadora

#15 Post by starryadora »

I just got Damon 3's and my husband is getting them too...My ortho rocks and gave us a 20% discount on my husbands braces;)

*~Currently retained in:
-Upper and Lower bonded retainers
-Upper QCM Hawley
-Damon Splint (night)
-Postitioner (as needed)

~*Orthodontic Assistant*~