I get braced tomorrow!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

momof2girls

I get braced tomorrow!

#1 Post by momof2girls »

Well, tomorrow is the day and I am nervous and excited at the same time. My husband is out of the country on business, so when he comes back I will have braces! :tingrin:
I will post again tomorrow after everything is done. This is only my 2nd time posting on this board, but I really apprecaite all of the help that I have gotten so far from lurking and searching!
Charmaine

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

Good luck tomorrow!!!! :D

Yes, definitely put on lip balm!! You can't live without lip balm while you have braces...at least that's how it is for me. ;)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Leslie022

#3 Post by Leslie022 »

Good luck tomorrow! Try to go by the advice <b>KK</b> gave you...especially the toilet part! =o)
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

MATEO'S

#4 Post by MATEO'S »

good luck tomorrow, my hubby was out of town when i got braced too, hope you get a good night sleep. i know you must be excited. well best wishes that everything goes smoothly tomorrow. mateo's :D

akabraces

#5 Post by akabraces »

Good luck!!!

I'm sure it will go fine : )

Looking forward to hearing how it
goes for you!!!

Take care!!!

*aka

momof2girls

#6 Post by momof2girls »

Well, My internet was down yesterday and I was so anxious to post about my new braces!

Everything went very well. I got my top braces on and it was relatively painless... today is another story though! I am very sore!

I do have a couple of questions though. My brackets seem to be really low on my front two teeth. Is that normal? The other thing is that I have a lot of extra glue on one of my front teeth. Should I go back in and have them remove it or will it fall off on its own? I didn't notice it until I was home and fixated at looking at my teeth in the mirror! I am also having a hard time getting wax to stick on my brackets!

Like I said before I am sore today, but I am taking advil and doing warm salt water rinses. Can I overdo the salt water rinses?

Thanks,
Charmaine

dbagnell

#7 Post by dbagnell »

The glue won't fall off on its own. My first ortho (when I was 19) used a pencil to mark a cross where he wanted my bracket and then topped that with a pile of glue, and the glue didn't come off so I was left with the pencil marks. UGH! My new ortho was wonderful! I have glue only directly under the bracket, and he didn't use a pencil. I'd mention it at your next visit, I'm sure he can polish it off.

Braced on 6/23/05 for 12-16 months with top and bottom Damon 3s for moderate crowding, slight class II bite and TMJ.

dbagnell

#8 Post by dbagnell »

The glue won't fall off on its own. My first ortho (when I was 19) used a pencil to mark a cross where he wanted my bracket and then topped that with a pile of glue, and the glue didn't come off so I was left with the pencil marks. UGH! My new ortho was wonderful! I have glue only directly under the bracket, and he didn't use a pencil. I'd mention it at your next visit, I'm sure he can polish it off.

Braced on 6/23/05 for 12-16 months with top and bottom Damon 3s for moderate crowding, slight class II bite and TMJ.

Leslie022

#9 Post by Leslie022 »

When I was first braced, the brackets on my four front teeth were down a good bit farther than the rest. After I got a huge, thick wire at my last adjustment, my teeth have moved and my wire is now nice and straight. In my consultation, he mentioned wanting to move those teeth up so I'm assuming that is how he did it....I don't know.

The glue won't come off on its own...you'll need to have it removed by your ortho if it bothers you.
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top