Five hours flight and starving

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

butterfly

Five hours flight and starving

#1 Post by butterfly »

Hi!

On my last flight they served food I couldn't eat (beef - too hard to chew). Do you pre-order special meals on your flights? How are these meals calle - errr "Soft food for the elderly"?? :) Next time I fly I want a warm meal!
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

butterfly

#2 Post by butterfly »

Thanks for your tips.

I don't think they charge money for special meals. If you order kosher or veggie it doesn't cost you anything. They just flag your seat so EVERYONE can see you are eating something different LOL.

Did anyone here order a soft meal on a flight?

Cleaning in the plane's toilet is a bit tricky indeed. The space is so small I can barely handle the tooth brush in front of the mirror :D But the cleaning was fine (since I ate 5 muffins and slices of bread with butter I needed a good clean up hehe).

I am a frequent flyer as well and I just never imagined they would serve kind of a beef steak. Flight meals are usually chicken based if there is any meat at all. It was a spanish company though - maybe I should have asked beforehand ;)
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

ingyandbert

#3 Post by ingyandbert »

I usually carry my own meal on the plane. Maybe pasta or something would be a good choice for you.

alwayshungry

#4 Post by alwayshungry »

i had to fly 14 hours, but i think it helped that i flew Cathay...they always had fish as a menu option, and for breakfast they also offered congee! it came with clams and while i gallantly tried my best to eat the darn things, i just ended up swallowing them :D

i'm pretty tiny so the lavatories didn't bother me much, 'cept it was hard for me to floss hehe.

this sounds totally gross too, but i took advantage of it being a "night" flight, so i picked my teeth in my seat, holding a mirror :oops: the dude next to me was sleeping anyway, and the lights were out too :D