Anyone getting braces in May?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ssfw

Anyone getting braces in May?

#1 Post by ssfw »

I'm getting my braces placed on my upper teeth on May 19, 2006 :D :banana: .

Just wondering if anyone else is getting their braces in May.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

bckydgardnr

#2 Post by bckydgardnr »

My son is getting braced Wednesday, 3/3. Now the two of us get to experience this together! :jump:

Gardnr
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05

CreedAngel81

#3 Post by CreedAngel81 »

Tomorrow is my big day. I have been trying to eat all the bad stuff today and have a good breakfast in the morning! I'm getting nervous but I keep reminding myself of the end results, because I know it will be worth it!
Inspire Ice Sapphire braces top
Metal bottom
Treatment Estimate: 1 yr
Results=Beautiful Smile for Wedding!

jaswi

#4 Post by jaswi »

I will have my final consult may 15th, and then I'm going to push to get braced before the end of may if possible.

mmcdlab

#5 Post by mmcdlab »

I am going for my diagnostic xrays, pictures, consult and spacers tomorrow. Getting braces on the following Monday. Hoping everything goes well for everyone!

SamanthaClavier

#6 Post by SamanthaClavier »

my husband gets braced on the 11th (spacers on the forth)i am so excited for him :D

stacey07

braced in a couple of days!

#7 Post by stacey07 »

hey,
I got spacers in today and so far so good, i've had advil every 4 hours and no pain yet but i know from what i've read on here not to get too optimistic! i'm lucky tho and only have to wear them until thursday 4th, when i will be braced at 9:15!!
scared out of my brain but excited as well!
i'm getting inspire ice on top and normal on bottom...... should only need them for about a year as i only have a few little things to fix.
good luck all soon to be braced!!
xox :D

stacey07

#8 Post by stacey07 »

oh and just a quick question...
anyone know why my spacers were only in for a few days? and can you tell me anything about the inspire ice braces?
cheers :)

Nille

#9 Post by Nille »

I have my records appt May 15th and will hopefully be braced May 18th or 22nd. I shouldn't have to have spacers so I am VERY excited about that! :mrgreen: I am very excited and nervous. I can't wait to get started!

Stacey07...I've noticed time varies from ortho to ortho in regards to spacers. Most of them told me they usually put them in for a week. Some people here have had them for 2 weeks or more. It's just a guess but I would think that if your molars aren't super close that maybe you wouldn't have to wear them as long b/c there wouldn't be a need for as much movement to make way for molar bands. Again, that is just my guess!

Good luck to all! :D
Full metal mouth! 5-23-06
Estimated time: 12-18 months!

Iceolated

#10 Post by Iceolated »

Tomorrow the 2nd I get braced. :D

I have had my spacers in since the 13th of April. At this point, my teeth no longer hurt and I wouldn't know they were there if my tongue didn't play with them.

Very, Very, Very Excited...... :-*

Ice.

Metal uppers May 2, 2006
Metal lowers September 12, 2006
Finally Nekkid July 11, 2007

With braces - pain is gain...

Some things money can't buy.
Thank God great looking teeth aren't one of them.

“But to see her was to love her, Love but her, and love foreverâ€

hollywood_smile

#11 Post by hollywood_smile »

i guess ill get them in may, if i dont get stucked again with spacers.

i dont have a date yet but i hope in may, coz in june is my bday and i want to eat everything i want that day!!hahaha and be 100% happy hahaha and painfree :D
I sooo Want a hollywood smilee....!!!!
http://hollywoodsmile.blogspot.com/

ronnie889

#12 Post by ronnie889 »

Spacers May 4th, Braces May 11th.
I've decided to go with ceramic braces, at 17 it may be odd but its' what I'm going to be the most comfortable in probably.

straighter-teeth

#13 Post by straighter-teeth »

Yes, I'm getting braces tomorrow, Tuesday, May 2nd!!! Can't wait! Excited and little anxious too. I am 37 years old and figure why not, got the money now and can afford to have my teeth straight. My husband is thrilled for me. He says I'll look cute in braces :-)

CreedAngel81

#14 Post by CreedAngel81 »

Well its officially my first day in braces. I can say I didn't have any complaints about the whole process this morning....all went well. Although tonight I have had off and on discomfort, and if it weren't for them being permanent I can definately say I would be taking them in and out for some relief. Oh well, just part of the process. These things feel so foreign in my mouth. The ceramic braces are awesome though...can barely notice they're there!!!
Inspire Ice Sapphire braces top
Metal bottom
Treatment Estimate: 1 yr
Results=Beautiful Smile for Wedding!

poloaa

#15 Post by poloaa »

Yes, i have spacers on Friday morning, then braces on May.12, very nervous and excited at the same time.