Yes, another ceramic question...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ronnie889

Yes, another ceramic question...

#1 Post by ronnie889 »

Hi,
I understand that this is mainly an adult message board for adults with braces but I didn't know where else to go to ask this question.

I'm 17 years old and getting braces for the first time along with some extractions. I find myself to be a very self-conscious person, especially with anything concerning dentistry, so the most logical choice would be for me to get ceramic braces. Now I know it is normal for teenagers to get metal braces, but since I am getting the put on so late would it be okay for me to have ceramic ones? Are there teenagers out there with ceramic braces? What would your opinion of a teenager with ceramic braces be?

These will be on for 7-12 months, mainly to help pull down and align those two teeth correctly.

Thank you for your help, and I hope I'm not too paranoid or out of place.

hollywood_smile

#2 Post by hollywood_smile »

hi ronnie! this is a place for everyone, im 18 and people here have been very nice and supportive its a great place.

about the ceramic choice, well its your choice, no one will wear them but you, so if you feel comfortable with ceramics go ahead. im getting metal, but here are too many people wearing ceramics.

and the opinion about a teenager in ceramics well....it doesnt matter does it? do all this because you want to and you feel satisfied, dont do it because of the people around you.

good luck and let us lnow what u decide
I sooo Want a hollywood smilee....!!!!
http://hollywoodsmile.blogspot.com/

ronnie889

#3 Post by ronnie889 »

Alright. I know it's my decision but I have a history of making bad ones.
I think I'm just nervous about getting them in general and how it will impact my life (which is probably won't AT ALL).

Thank you :)

x3trinity

#4 Post by x3trinity »

Hello Ronnie889!

I am 26 years old and I have ceramic on top and metal on bottom. I really like them because they make your braces less noticeable.

But a lot of people like metal so I guess the decision is yours. Maybe you should go through this forum and read about different opinions that people have posted.

They both will give you a great result, but whichever one you decide to go with, I wish you luck! :D

"God's love is always with you, God's promises are true."

jennielee81

#5 Post by jennielee81 »

Hi Ronnie,

To answer your specific question, YES! Teenagers do get ceramics. I work in a middle school and we've got 2 kids with ceramics right now. A few years ago there was even a 7th grade boy with ceramics.

I have a cousin who's 17 and she just got ceramics....

Do what your ortho recommends. If he/she says ceramics are a good option for you, go ahead and get them! You won't be sorry.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Jenn
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Raspberry

#6 Post by Raspberry »

Hi Ronnie,
I'm 24 with ceramic braces on top. I love them! A lot of my friends had the traditional metal braces when they were in their teens. Most of them have told me how much less noticeable my ceramics are than their metals were,and how they wished that there had been ceramic ones when they got theirs. if you want to see what they look like up close, check out my story. I have a few good close up pictures of them in there.

Good Luck!

Idislikebraces

#7 Post by Idislikebraces »

They mostly put ceramics on top and metals on bottom for us teenagers..lol Thats how I have em..its rather common now..I used to be like the only teen that had ceramics...but now everyone has em!! 8)
August 10, 2005
Ceramic Uppers and Metal Bottoms!
A few months later a Nance Appliance.
anddd nowwww:
De bonding on October 23, 2007!