Spacers

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Fran1988

Spacers

#1 Post by Fran1988 »

Hi er i am new to this site. Ok i have just literally come back from my othadontic appointment where i have just had my Spacers put in. The only thing however, was that i Passed out (how embarrasing). To help calm me, did anyone else also pass out at this stage or is it just me??? I would love your honesty in this matter. God i am gunna be soo embarrased going back next week.

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

Hi Fran1988,

Welcome to the board and congratulations on starting your journey to a perfectly beautiful smile : :P

To be honest, I never passed out...whether at the dentist office or any other place...BUT, when I went to see my dentist last novement after years of not going...I was shaking sooo bad that the chair was shaking and he said that I need to relax because I was making him nervous lol.

Doctors, especially doctors within the dental world know how much people don't really like them and how much people are terrified of them. Remember that dentists are now getting training done and are putting more emphasis on relaxing the patient because they know how scared patients get.

So the fact that you passed out may be a big deal for you, but it probably isn't for your ortho/dentist. They have seen that before. Patients pass out, throw up, shake, etc...they know things like that are bound to happen. So don't worry too much about it :)

Good luck next week.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

poloaa

#3 Post by poloaa »

Fran1988, my spacers will be put on tomorrow early morning, everyone said spacers are more painful than braces, i am really nervous now, they said it only take for about 5 mins, how many spacers do u have??
Do u feel any pain now? I don't think it is embarrased because i think most of the people feel soooooooooo nervous once they sit on that "chair".
Take care and i will let u know how mine is done tomorrow.

Po

Joanna20

#4 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey I'm getting mines fitted in 2 weeks! I'm really nervous too :? and I'll only have them for 24 hours, which is really weird but since I have loads of space in my mouth maybe I only need a few hours in it.
Good luck to u all,
Joe

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

nerdcore

#5 Post by nerdcore »

I had spacers put in the other day, but I didn't pass out. The dentist did have a hard time getting them in between some of my teeth though, since my molars are tight. When one of them snapped in my mouth, I did jump in my seat and made a weird dinosaur-like noise (I didn't know I was capable of making Jurassic Park sound effects :) )

But if it makes you feel better, Fran1988, I've had my fair share of embarassing instances at doctors offices. Once during an eye exam, my doctor was up close, examining my retina or something and she kept moving around (when she was about four inches from my face). Since I had to stare straight ahead, all I saw was her head moving around and it looked like she was dancing. And then I started laughing... and couldn't stop. For about five minutes. When she tried to continue on again, I busted out laughing again, for another good minute or so. Suprisingly though, my doctor was cool with it and also laughed herself.

Fran1988

#6 Post by Fran1988 »

LOL I have only got the six spacers in at the moment, they went in ok. But then it came down to the bottem left side of my mouth. My ortho snaped 5 of them in my mouth, each time his tweezer things shot right into my bottom lip. I dont wanna put u all off if you are going to get them done, but my mouth filled with blood and i think my Ortho was a but shocked. :shock: which is why i Panicked and probably passed out :oops:

N e way as a consequence I have to have metal ones put in on Tuesday between my the molers on the bottem left, when i have my top braces applied.

oh and Poloaa, no they dont hurt they just make your mouth slightly ach for a little while. If you take some light pain killers you won't feel a thing :D

You'll be fine 8)