Cement takes on food color??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

phanta

Cement takes on food color??

#1 Post by phanta »

I ate lots of blueberries today by the spoonful being very careful to only chew them so only my lower elastics would color (I have ceramics on both top and bottom).

I have cement sticking out a little around the brackets, it's kind of spread out on the teeth. My ortho assistants said it's okay, it's not doing anything bad by just sitting there.

But now I'm looking at it, and cement where blueberries touched it is all grayish blue!! I can't brush it off, can't rub it off either. I think it dyed the cement. Has anyone had this happen to them? I hope if that gray cement sits on teeth, it won't color them.

By the way, this is what I'm most paranoid about: how my teeth under brackets will look once the braces are off. What are the chances of ending up with different color squares in the center of my teeth? How likely is that?

My Braces Story at www.bracedblog.com

SamanthaClavier

#2 Post by SamanthaClavier »

thats a good question

lilsisbet

#3 Post by lilsisbet »

I go in every 4 months for a cleaning with my regular dentist. When they are doing the sandblast cleaning, they also pay special attention to cleaning the cement around the brackets. While I have had no problems with any staining (I am 14 months into braces), they did say last month that if there is excess cement around the bracket, the odds are high that you will get some discolouration.

Don't know if this helps, but when you go in for a cleaning, see if they can work on the stains.
Elizabeth
Braces on March 15, 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months. Official debanding date - June 14, 2007 - Total of 27 months!

Idislikebraces

#4 Post by Idislikebraces »

The cement is blue.....at least mine is/was. :o
August 10, 2005
Ceramic Uppers and Metal Bottoms!
A few months later a Nance Appliance.
anddd nowwww:
De bonding on October 23, 2007!