Wish me Luck tomorrow Please

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Gennel

Wish me Luck tomorrow Please

#1 Post by Gennel »

Ok the day is finally less than 24 hrs away. My appt is at 1pm tomorrow.
I've had this countdown in my head. Today was very strange sort of like my mind went numb with too many thoughts. I know things will be less traumatic than I imagine ( I hope so at least) I typed up several questions that I wanted to ask the ortho tomorrow. I also asked my daughter also if she had any questions that she might forget to ask the ortho tomorrow. Her main concern is that she never has enough anesthesia. I think it's low tolerance to anesthesia. Two previous times other dentist have had to give her 5-6 shots for one tooth . Also both times she had to endure pain because they did not want to give her anymore shots.They kept on asking her " Are you sure it's hurting?" one dentist kept telling her " But I gave you more thant I give most patients already.
I asked them to stop and give her another shot because I saw tears streaming down mydaughter's cheeks and she kept squeezing my hand and moaning in pain. So this ortho MUST consider this when he extracts 4 premolars from her.

Well that's all for now. I will be back tomorrow with news on how soon I can expect to get the brackets on my teeth. I want this to go quick before I chicken out. I HAVE TO DO THIS. That's all I have in my mind

Thanks everyone for your amazing threads with so much info. I love this place and will mention it to the ortho tomorrow

Gennel

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

Good luck to both of you tomorrow...or rather today in a few hours ;)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

phoenix

#3 Post by phoenix »

good luck to you and your daughter.

i hope everything turns out great. :wink:
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

Gennel

#4 Post by Gennel »

Here are my daughter's braces. She says she swears that the top front tooth has moved slightly to where it's suppose to be. I do see it and I can't believe it! I wish the picture of the braces were more clear. I am giving her lots of TLC and am giving her tylenol every 6 hrs just like the ortho said. She feels pressure but not pain.
ImageImage

sorry the pictures are not the same size!

Gennel

Pirate Wench

#5 Post by Pirate Wench »

Nice to hear that your daughter isn't feeling pain. Keep up the good work mommy! :D

I can't tell if the tooth has moved, but I bet something has shifted in her mouth. I am sure she can feel it!

Thanx for the pics....

Fran1988

#6 Post by Fran1988 »

GOOD LUCK Gennel! :D and GOOD LUCK also too your Daughter!

I'll be thinking off you both, it will be a breeze in the Park :D

Let us know how it went :D

Raspberry

#7 Post by Raspberry »

Tell her that her Gold braces look great!
It'll be no time before her teeth are perfectly straight!

Gennel

#8 Post by Gennel »

Well I have bad news and good news. The bad news is that I went today to the dentist for the extractions but I didnt get any teeth pulled today. I was a total nervous wreck. I didn't really like the dentist either. He read what Iwrote in my dental history papers and knew I afraid.So he walks in with a "tough guy" walk. He stood in front of me crossed his arms and spread his legs and tells me "what's your problem?" Istarted to shake and told him that I was very anxious about taking all 6 teeth out in one day but I wanted to go through with it because I have not had more than 3-4 hr sleep since I made this appt. Right there his posture changed and I could see in his face that he realized how serious I was. Well his idea was to extract 1-2 teeth today and then go back for two more appt to extract the rest! I told him at this rate it would take about 3-4 weeks just to extract all of them . I told him I was nervous but I wanted it done in one day. I asked about general anesthesia because it could all be done in like 30 min instead of 2hrs of giving me a shot ,waiting to numb it and pull the tooth. And repeat that 6 times and possible longer because two of my molars are broken so it could possibly crack . He told me he knew of an oral surgeoun that accepts my insurance. So now I have an appt with the oral surgeoun on Monday to go over my medical history ,that I've had no problems with general anesthesia etc... I have been put under before and had NO problems whatsoever and have no medical problems either.
I called the surgeoun later and asked to make sure how much is covered under my plan and my insurance covers general anesthesia,my extractions are 80% covered. So now I am not nervous anymore because
I will be knocked out and not see or hear anything and it will be way faster then giving me 6+ shots!
I felt like such a baby but I know I would have freaked out , I was already super nervous when they sat me down for x-rays and they girls were super nice and extra understanding.

So this whole thing will delay my braces probably 1-2 weeks more. But I will be braced this month at least!!

Gennel

new boy james

#9 Post by new boy james »

Well done, you're still going for it!! - even general anasthetic still takes guts!!!

Really hope all goes well. Think positive, it'll be worth it.

"Fortune favours the brave".

WhyMe?

#10 Post by WhyMe? »

That's great news Gennel (about being knocked out). I listened to my MP3 player while they installed the braces and it made it much better.

Shawna