excited for next adjustments?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

michael33

excited for next adjustments?

#1 Post by michael33 »

I have had braces for about 14 months now. It has been the longest since an adjustment (about 2 months). I simply cannot wait for my next adjustment! I need more movement! Any one else ever feel this way or am I the only one who looks forward to adjustments?

alexa

#2 Post by alexa »

I have one tomorrow, and I can't wait! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

bracesmom

#3 Post by bracesmom »

Even though adjustment usually means more pain, I still can't wait because I know, no pain, no gain. :D

LoobyLou

#4 Post by LoobyLou »

I always look forward to adjustments as I always hope my teeth might start looking good!
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

CLAmom

#5 Post by CLAmom »

I definitely look forward to adjustments. My second one is this Wednesday. It's such a relief to talk to my ortho about how things are going in there and to get reassurance that I'm on track. I haven't noticed any visible movement for the last month so I'm hoping there will be a wire change or powerchain or anything at this point!!!! Well, anything except elastics. I'm not looking forward to that. :lol:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

Evelyn

#6 Post by Evelyn »

I'm the same, I live for adjustments. It's the only time you actually can feel progress.

btw...LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!! :wink:

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Raspberry

#7 Post by Raspberry »

I count down the days to my next adjustments! My 3rd one will be on May 30th, 3 more weeks :cry: I'm even more excited because shortly after my last adjustment my bottom teeth really moved into place. I'm hoping for a repeat performance lol

susieq182

#8 Post by susieq182 »

i am totally looking forward to my next adjustment. I am bored with the ligs I have. I also can't wait to find out if I get freed of my bite plate. When I go in on May 24th it will have been 11 weeks since my last adjustment . that seems like forever since my first 3 adjustment were only like 4-5 weeks apart. things are still moving though thanks to my elastics and power chains. looking forward to my 6 mo mark in June I will post progress then.
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

lionfish

#9 Post by lionfish »

Yes, bizarre as I think it is sometimes, I look forward to the next adjustment. I think this is because every adjustment is some kind of marker in one's treatment.

jennandtonic

#10 Post by jennandtonic »

I have adjustments quite often, usually every 3-5 weeks, but I still get impatient for each adjustment. I think I just like knowing that each new archwire or piece of hardware in my mouth means I'm a step closer to having gorgeous teeth.

phoenix

#11 Post by phoenix »

i look forward to my adjustments as well.

For me, it's because i think every adjustment moves me closer to this whole process being over and done. :)

I still have about 4 weeks until my next adjustment, but i can hardly wait. :?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

Flora2006

#12 Post by Flora2006 »

I have adjustments every 4 weeks and couldn't be happier just because things seem to go by faster with adjustments so close together :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Leslie022

#13 Post by Leslie022 »

Adjustment seem to scale down the time frame of braces. Instead of looking forward to having braces off, which is 15 months from now, I look forward to my next adjustment. My next adjustment just so happens to be tomorrow (May 9)!!! Woohoo!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Missingorigin

#14 Post by Missingorigin »

I am looking forward for my next adjustment. JUNE 12th. yay.