I've finally got braced!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Fran1988

I've finally got braced!!

#1 Post by Fran1988 »

OMG i have just got back from the Otho, and i finally got my braces on!! OMG i am soo excited.... 5 years i have been waiting for them : :tingrin: I can't believe it. They are not hurting at all at the moment, but i am expecting acheyness tonight, but i can't believe i have them on. Both top and bottom, (which was a bit of a shock as i thought they only was going to do the top today and the bottom another), i got Red and Pink ligs and my front teeth have been reshaped too.

I look soooooo different, it don't like that pleasing but trust me i am sooooooooooo please!!! :lol:

WOW! :pinkbraces: !!!!!!!

blondie111

#2 Post by blondie111 »

CONGRATS!!!! It's a good feeling to finally get them on after a long wait. I waited a long time too, but it will so be worth it when we get them off and we look gorgeous!!!

Just keep some ibuprofen handy for this evening, and use your wax if things start rubbing in spots. And be sure to clean your teeth well after eating! You will be fine!
:D

I'm 32 and will be in braces for almost 2 years!

straighter-teeth

#3 Post by straighter-teeth »

Congratulations Fran on getting braced! I have only had mine on a week and I am so excited too! I have not had any pain, only mild discomfort with the brackets against the inside of my mouth but as others have said, the wax does wonders and the last few days haven't had to use that either.

I also purchased a device called Good Vibrations and I think that has helped with the pain. Actually worked as advertised!

I find the waterpik helps to really get the wax out once you want to take it out. Also helps to clean teeth in association with brushing.

Good luck!

poloaa

#4 Post by poloaa »

Congradulations, Fran1988, happy for u, u finally did it, mine will be put on this friday at 7am early morning, lol, so excited too, i want to put light pink and silver colour. Let me know if u feel any pain tomorrow, OK?? Thanks.

Po

Pirate Wench

#5 Post by Pirate Wench »

Congrats on getting started. I love how excited you are about it. I think with an attitude like that, your time in braces will fly by.

:-)o :-V :dance:

Have fun.....

sjsarre

#6 Post by sjsarre »

Yes, congrats Fran1988

:pinkbraces:

smilezofmetal2

#7 Post by smilezofmetal2 »

Congrats...Good luck with your progress :D

phoenix

#8 Post by phoenix »

congratulations on getting braced! :)
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.