Worse then before?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ShortyRocK

Worse then before?

#1 Post by ShortyRocK »

I been braced since for about 2 months or so and my teeth are looking way more spaced out and alot more gaps in places i didnt have before.The thing is it's not the back its all teeth in the front so it doesn't make sense.Do orthos do it on purpose?

Leslie022

#2 Post by Leslie022 »

In many cases, the teeth have to get worse before they can get better. Your ortho is probably having to move your teeth around so he can, eventually, move them into their perfect position. Give it a little time and I'm sure things will improve! If you're really worried, ask your ortho to explain what he is doing and his plans for your teeth.
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Idislikebraces

#3 Post by Idislikebraces »

Pssh..I had two molars removed nd before i didnt have much of an overbite...nd she has moved my teeth sooo far out! I can freaking stick my pinky in between the space...we dont understand why she did that if there was so much room left over from the extractions! (which btw were so they wouldnt have to do root canals)
Orthos confuse me sometimes... :(
August 10, 2005
Ceramic Uppers and Metal Bottoms!
A few months later a Nance Appliance.
anddd nowwww:
De bonding on October 23, 2007!

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

Yes. I had no gaps before braces, no extractions. They basically expanded my arch with the braces and it created gaps. We are closing those now with power chains. I think it is very normal. There is more space now between all of my teeth, including the back ones which is desirable since they were so tight before I could barely get the floss in.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Melancholyrose

I agree

#5 Post by Melancholyrose »

I had 4 extractions done last month, and I go back to ortho in couple of weeks to connect the front teeth to the back ones again (undid some of the wire for the extractions).
In the front I have noticed my bottom teeth seem to be spacing out. When they first put the braces on , everything was super crowded and painful, now I have spaces between those teeth.
Really weird, but I guess we have to trust the orthos!

nvcarissa

#6 Post by nvcarissa »

Same here. I am almost a year into this and there is a icky looking gap that recently opened between my right incisor and canine. Lovely. I am sure it will be closed, but right now it's bugging me.

Good news, my lower "stubborn" incisor is finally straightening out. Boy, that tooth went all over the place, getting really bad before getting better.

Take heart! It will improve! :D

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

Flora2006

#7 Post by Flora2006 »

Same here.

One of my tooth ... a lateral I think? (the one between a canine and front tooth...) had to go into a bad position in order for a canine to make a move...My ortho did assure me it would get fixed...

Don't worry...things do have to go bad sometimes in order to be able to fix it up and make it all better.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

ShortyRocK

#8 Post by ShortyRocK »

Well thats good news.What ever it takes to make them get in the right spots.

lionfish

#9 Post by lionfish »

Ditto here. Three months in, my upper first premolars look like a pair of wingnuts which, if they flare out any more, will depart my mouth completely.

Roll on Monday, maybe they'll be reined in again.