Just Showing Off New Ligs! And Gum Surgery Progress!! (PICS)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Samantha08

Just Showing Off New Ligs! And Gum Surgery Progress!! (PICS)

#1 Post by Samantha08 »

Hey everybody!! Well I had that whole laser gum removal surgery a few weeks ago, so I just wanted to share my progress. I went yesterday to get my ligs changed since they didnt do it at my last appointment because of the surgery. :) Oh yeah.. the ortho assistant said next time, Im getting a powerchain ALL the way across my top teeth. OOOUUUCHH!!

Image PINK!!

Image Before Surgery

Image Immediately After

Image Now :)
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

blondie111

#2 Post by blondie111 »

WOW! What a big difference! They look great! I am getting that done on 2 of my upper teeth, not sure when during my treatment, but if it looks like yours, then I can't wait! Congrats!

I'm 32 and will be in braces for almost 2 years!

sjsarre

#3 Post by sjsarre »

That looks great..

I've never had problems with my gums, however i've noticed since being braced on two of my upper teeth at the front the gum seems to have grown in size?

Has this happened to anyone else??

poloaa

#4 Post by poloaa »

does it hurt?? what is the surgery for?? so many questions, i will braces tomorrow, so i think is good to know more by now. Thanks.

Samantha08

#5 Post by Samantha08 »

Thanks everyone!

sjsarre-- That is probably just the result of your teeth moving around. Did you have any gaps? My sister had huge gaps when she got hers on, and her gums are so puffy now :( You could probably get some Peroxyl gel from your ortho and that might help the swelling go down. Also warm salt water rinses. Ask your ortho next time you visit. :)

Poloaa-- It doesnt hurt at all! The surgery was pretty much cosmetic, because my gums had become somewhat detached from my teeth since my bottoms were so crooked and they straightened them out. They put a topical anesthetic on my gums to numb them, and used a little laser. It didnt hurt at all. Good luck getting braces!! You'll be fine :) They really dont hurt that much at all, you'll just be a little bit sore.. take some tylonol or advil before you go! :) And make SURE you eat before you go, because you might be a little sensitive afterwards.

Joanna20

#6 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey! Your teeth look great! I hope it wasn't too painfull! In my case I wish I could implant gum because my teeth are huge! Way to big for me (I'm only 5''3)!
Anyways good luck with the rest of the treatment,

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

brandee987

#7 Post by brandee987 »

Wow they look great Samantha! Healed up perfect!!
In my case I wish I could implant gum because my teeth are huge! Way to big for me (I'm only 5''3)!
Joana there are procedures called gum grafts where gum can be added... I bet your teeth look great though... I think sometimes we are our own worst critic... I am 5'1" and I still think my teeth look too small after my gums were lasered off... :)
Ceramic Upper braces: November 29, 2005
Metal Lowers go on: March 7th, 2006

ScottR

#8 Post by ScottR »

Your teeth and gums look great. :D

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#9 Post by nahky »

Very nice teeth!
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

Pirate Wench

#10 Post by Pirate Wench »

WOW....the difference iws amazing. I had no idea that they could do such a great job with gums. I knew they could be adjusted, but I didn't think they would be able to make such a big difference.

They look great :thumbsup:

rberend

#11 Post by rberend »

Your teeth look fantastic!

My ortho recommended this surgery for me as well, but not until my braces come off. Did insurance cover any of it? Is it expensive?

Samantha08

#12 Post by Samantha08 »

Thanks!! No it didnt cost anything extra. My orthodontics isnt covered under insurance anyway, but this little procedure was an in-office type thing, and he didnt charge extra for it. It only took like 5 minutes with a little laser :)

jaxxie118

#13 Post by jaxxie118 »

Wow, your teeth look amazing!! I bet you're so happy. :wink:
Metal uppers & lowers + 1 tooth pulled
Estimated treatment time: 18 months