No Distal Jet - Hollow/Unbalanced Extraction Question -

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

travler220

No Distal Jet - Hollow/Unbalanced Extraction Question -

#1 Post by travler220 »

My ortho is relaly pushing for the distal jet, but based on several replies I recieved from a previous post I'm really leaning toward canceling my appointment and having an extraction instead. I've had all my wisdom teeth removed as a teenager. I will only need one extraction on my upper left side. Do I need to worry about looking unbalanced or looking 'hollow' if I choose to extract the one tooth.

HeadgearJoe

#2 Post by HeadgearJoe »

hi , did your orthodontist think the jet would fix everything without removing the tooth, if so why wouldn't you want to keep it an go with the jet, just asking ,( headgearjoe)
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

travler220

#3 Post by travler220 »

the biggest reason is how long it is going to extend my treatment - 5 to 9 months is a long time. Also my job requires me to be on the phone a good portion of the day and 've heard people have had a hard time talking with the jet. If I'm still going to look the same and the end reult is going to be the same i think I would prefer the extraction - it's only 1 tooth