Just got braces and PA today = )

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

poloaa

Just got braces and PA today = )

#1 Post by poloaa »

Hi everyone, i got braces on upper and bottom and PA on the upper today, i feel really okay w/the braces, except the PA. Hardly swallow and move my tongue when i try to speak, anyone who has this feeling?? HOw long does it last? I may need to put for couple months, sigh...that is the only thing bother me now. My sons both said i look good, lol, they did not ask many questions, just looked at my braces and said, "wow, good", they won't have braces until years later, still too young.

Good luck to everyone. :D
*ps by the way, i don't think i can bite on food now cus the upper teeth will hit the bottom bracket, how long does it last to change my bite, so it is a good way to lose weights, isn't it??

Skinny

#2 Post by Skinny »

Hey there!
Glad to hear everything is going well for you. I got my braces put on yesterday. I was in so mch pain lastnight. I couldnt eat anything not even noodles because I cant put my teeth together either. Im wondering the same when will the bite be fixed so the teeth can meet up again?
Today I feel a bit better just preasure and pulling. kinda anoying more then anything. Not even the Advil will take that away. Flossing really hurt! My teeth already feel as if they are loose.
Well Here's to hoping that our bite gets better soon or we will be loosing some weight for summer wether we want to or not! :roll:
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Clear on top Medal on bottom
Beauitful smile wishes to Everyone!
Skinny

poloaa

#3 Post by poloaa »

Skinny, thanks for your message, i feel annoying on the PA, and the food has no more taste for me, hopefully this feeling will be gone soon, good luck to everyone of us who has braces, lol. U are lucky that u don't have to wear PA, i have overbite as well and two teeth has been pulled about three weeks ago.
Talk to u later, thanks again.
Po

TuZZi

#4 Post by TuZZi »

The TPA does take a little time to get used to, but not as much as you may think. It took me about 3 days to not notice mine, and eat "normally" - as normal as I could eat un-solid foods that is. However, I got my braces a month prior to my TPA, so your mouth is getting used to a whole lot of new stuff all at once in there.

Take it easy, talk a little bit slower, and try not to mash food against the roof of your mouth. I had a problem with wanting to do that for the first little bit, but once I realised how much of a pain the TPA wass to clean with all that gunk up there, I stopped that pretty quick.

Good luck!
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

poloaa

#5 Post by poloaa »

You guys are right, my TPA doesn't bother me as much as before (the first day), but i still need to eat slowly cus the hooks on my sides will hurt my lips if i eat too fast and i got to cut everything in little pcs unless they are very soft food. I feel better and better everyday, thanks for all the help and support.

Po
35 years old, mom of two
Est. treatment time:16 months